014

For the fifth day in a row I got home at midnight after a long day of working with my dad, the minister's and my mother. Occasionally I would meet with other leaders from other countries but the focus currently was on how I was going to run the kingdom and deal with everything wrong. There were media briefings, government conflict issues and our community issues that I had to learn how to solve. The way I was being trained one would swear I was running for president not the next heir in line. Some nights I just wanted to quit but that would cause a scandal and on these nights I really missed Baina but considering my hectic schedule the only free time I had was when I got home and I felt guilty waking her up. Part of me felt my dad was doing this so I did not have the time to talk to her but I had to call her tonight.

'' Hello?''

Her voice was groggy and I felt guilty waking her up this late.

'' Babe it's Mike.''

There was a slight pause before she replied with a simple oh. To say it did not hurt would be lying, it cut but I could not blame her. I did make a promise to call her every night but I had not called even once.

'' I know. I'm sorry and it's no excuse but I've just been really busy. So much that I haven't eaten _ I know it's late but would you like to grab something to eat with me?''

'' It's midnight. Nothing is open at this time and how will you get here? It's not safe. Also how do you take your meds without eating?''

'' I usually take them when I can but put on something fancy, see you in a few.''

Though this would get me in trouble with my father, I took his helicopter. As the next king I was required by my mother to obtain a pilot's license since I would be flying a lot in my reign and anything can happening during a flight. It took me a few minutes to get to a friend of mine's home, where he had a car waiting for me. Luckily she had given me her address when she left. It was difficult to remove the smile on my face when she ran into my arms upon walking out of her building. She was under me the whole drive to the restaurant and I loved it though it was kinda difficult to drive.

'' It must be wonderful being royalty, you can just call up the restaurant and they open it just for you.''

'' They actually close at eleven and it's family owned but it has it perks. Which I haven't experienced lately. Again I am sorry for not keeping my promise.''

'' Well you made up for it in a big way, so you're forgiven.''

I sat watching her as she ate. How could I possibly feel so strongly about someone I met like less than a month ago but I did.

'' I love you.''