059

The explosion was outside but it had managed to shake the building like a mini earthquake and a few minor things fell over. I turned back from the direction I was headed to previously when I saw a few officers head out followed by Brian. After taking a few steps another explosion sounded from the direction Brian and they had headed. We could tell that this one exploded inside. Brian came to mind but just as I rushed to go check on him a third explosion happened behind me. Knocking me off my feet and I hit my head on something then everything went black.

' Aaah...uhggg...'

' Mikhail. Thank God you're up. I don't know how I would have explained this to your family or even Baina.'

The mention of my wife's name made my head shoot up from wherever it was laid but that was a bad idea. A skull splitting headache hit me as soon as I sat up and I quickly laid back down on the soft material that was placed under me. I also felt pressure on my head and opened my eyes once again to find Clementine with her hand on my head.

' fuck!'

' Don't make any sudden movements. You hit your head and have a gash which is bleeding. I'm trying to stop it.'

She was whispering and I did not understand why. Why I was on the cold hard floor bleeding or why I was even with her.

' What happened and what am I doing here?'

A look of terror covered her face but it quickly went away.

' Mikhail do you know who I am?'

' Yes you're Clementine.'

' Ohk do you remember what happened?'

I told her the last thing I remembered before I woke up with a splitting headache was laying in bed with my wife talking about my trip to Cleisia. She seemed to be relieved that I remembered her but why were we whispering.

' Well you've been here for four days now....'

It all started coming back to me as soon as she said that and immediately a paralyzing headache split my head in two and I groaned out loud. Followed by someone kicking my feet.

' So his majesty is finally awake.'

The headache was too painful for me to even open my eyes and I so wanted to see whoever it was who held us hostage but no matter how hard I tried I could not will them to open. When I forced them it felt like I was causing another headache.

' His in pain and bleeding profusely. He might bleed to dea-'

' Do I look like I care? You all deserve this especially him and none of you are leaving this place alive.'

Clementine tensed next to me and I wanted to reassure her but how could I when I did not know why this is even happening. In that moment I recalled Brian.

' Where's Brian? My guard?'

' Mikhail I don't think you should worry yourself-'

' Clementine please... he's a close friend of mine. I need to know how he's doing?'

' I don't know. They're only keeping us leaders in here.'