049

My baby's birthday was better than I had imagined thanks to Poppy. Though I must admit I did not trust her at first even though I defended her from my mother. Who am I kidding, she still gave me this uneasy feeling but not as much as when I first met her. Something in me just told me not to trust her but she did prove me wrong with her planning even she only did setup the kids tables and gift table. The rest of the decorations were done by her people and I helped where I could because my husband was not letting me do hard labour with his daughter growing in me. I'm still three months in but he believes it's a girl and I hope it's a girl too.

' Don't feed my daughter too much sugar.'

He startled me, wrapping his hands around my waist and rubbed on the bump I have been trying to hide from everyone here. Luckily we were at the gift table with our backs to the guests, so I let him rub. Mainly because I enjoyed it.

' I thought you were taking pictures.'

' You're changing the subject but I have enough pictures and Malik is in charge of the video.'

' I wasn't changing the subject but to answer you, my mouth felt funny so I thought maybe having some of the cupcake icing would help.'

' What what's wrong?'

' I don't know how to explain it but the sugar helped. It feels less dry.'

' Do you need water or a doctor?'

' I'm fine, just think my blood sugar levels were low. I haven't really had anything since breakfast.'

It was three in the afternoon and I knew he was going to flip but surprisingly he just let out a deep breath and told me not to do it again. From the corner of my eye I saw somebody watching us as he kissed down the left side of my neck after I promised him, I wouldn't do it again. When I turned in his arms to kiss him, I noticed it was Poppy. Who quickly shifted her gaze when she saw me look at her. This woman is strange.

' That wasn't a proper kiss.'

' Unfortunately your majesty we're surrounded by parents and children. I can't do anything not p.g regulated but I promise you as soon as everyone leaves, I got you.'

' You promise?'

' Pinky promise.'

I held out my pinky for him and he looked at it then back at me as if unsure.

' You won't do me like you did last night right?'

' I promise, now come on.'

He grabbed my pinky with his and intertwined them before pecking my lips then running off to take the girls into the jumping castle.

' You two are so perfect together. How did you meet?'

' In the church's youth classes.'

' I figured you guys met in college or highschool.'

' No, he's like twelve years older than me.'

See what I mean, she was strange. Everyone and their momma knew that Mikhail was older than me or was she trying to see if I would confirm it.