004

'' Are you embarrassed to go out with me?''

She was trying to make an excuse for me not to pick her up for our afternoon date the next day. Being that I was different from other men most women refused to be seen out in public with me and some just refused to date me. Though my parents kept me away and shielded, I always made headlines and stayed on people's lips. I guess she was not as different as I thought.

''NO. NEVER! It's just my dad doesn't want me dating and I know he will want to cross question you when you come pick me up. I just don't want to ruin our date.''

'' I hear you but I was taught a gentleman picks up her date. We don't meet at some undisclosed location.''

'' I know but you don't know my dad.''

'' Hey dad's love me. You don't have to worry about me.''

She was not sold and I could see she really feared her dad but I was confident that I could get through to him.

LATER THAT AFTERNOON.....

''Afternoon sir.''

Her father was the one to open the front door. To say I was nervous was an understatement but my mother taught me that it was respectful to ask a girl's parents for permission to take their child out. Now here I was sweating like a sinner in church infront of Baina's father.

'' Prince Mikhail uhm_what brings you to this side of town?''

'' This is a personal visit.''

'' In that case let's take a seat in my living room. Sue can you kindly make the Prince something to drink.''

'' Oh no thanks ma'am. I am good and I don't want to be any trouble.''

'' It's not of any trouble your majesty. My wife doesn't mind.''

What the heck?!

'' No sir, I just am not thirsty."

'' How can I be of help?''

Feeling nervous I scratched the back of my neck before playing with my fingers as he looked at me attentively.

'' I came to ask for your permission to take your daughter out.''

'' You have been raised well son. I knew there was a reason I liked and respected your father and I would have to ask Becca first but you have my blessing.''

'' No sir I am not talking about Becca. I would like to take Baina out.''

The smile on his face quickly turned into a angry scowl. Damn!!

'' Baina? What! Are you serious right now?''

'' Yes Sir.''

'' How old are you son?''

When he asked me this I knew things had turned left but I honestly answered that I was twenty-nine. My throat went dry and regretted refusing the drink.

'' My Baina is seventeen, which makes you what? Twelve years older!. I know living a sheltered life in that huge castle, you might not be aware of what normal is but I will not give an old ass man permission to take my daughter out. Now please get out and if you dare come near her,I will have you arrested.''

With a defeated spirit and shattered heart I left but promised myself not to give up.