035

After the charity ball and arguing about Beth as soon as we got home two nights ago. I needed to have lunch with my sister's and good friend. After Beth kept talking down about Mikhail I had to cut her off and we haven't been close since third year of law school. He never knew about our breakup and I feel bad now for overreacting. They all walked in at the same time. We no longer saw each other as much because we lead different lives but we still kept in constant contact through calls.

' It's nice to see you guys. '

' I'm glad I got to come home and see my sisters and that includes you Keke.'

Bia said as I called the waiter. Who stood not far from us because we were vip.

' You look so beautiful. Have you thought about telling mom and dad?'

Beca was four months pregnant and had not yet told our parents because she was not married and my father will flip. Although she was almost thirty.

' No I was thinking one of you should help me out so they can get mad and get over it. So when I go see them weeks after, they'd be calmer.'

' I love you but dad will have my head. He'll be mad at me for telling him you're pregnant and then get mad because I know. Then give me a whole lecture about how we don't listen. He used to lecture me when I was home about you moving out and you dating a man too old for you. He's tune has changed now because he gets to sit at the royal table at events.'

Dad did love power and prestige. Beca and Bia both turned to me with pleading eyes. While Keija watched us in amusement.

' Uh_uh. No. Dad and I are finally on good terms. I don't want to ruin our relationship.'

' Bai please?'

' Yeah come on queen B. We bow down at your feet, begging for your mercy your royal highness.'

' Stop it Bia!, you're causing a scene.'

' Oh your royal highness have mercy on me and my sister. Do not call the royal guards on us. Mercy!'

Bai was now gathering an audience while I wanted to keep a low profile. She will pay for this. Keija and Beca could not stop laughing.

' Fine I'll do it but you both owe me. Especially you Bia.'

They agreed all too eagerly.

' Tell me why Beth is suddenly being all nice to Mikhail.'

The ladies asked what I meant and I told them about what apparently happened on his inauguration night and two nights before.

' Not to say I told you so but I told you that Beth is sneaky and jealous. She was probably calling him all those things to get you to stop seeing him.'

Keija

' I did not like how she was looking at you at the inauguration.'

Bia

' That girl is up to something. Be careful.'

Beca

' Do you think she would do something to come inbetween us?'

Yes they said simultaneously and am too loud. I had hoped they would say I am overreacting.