041

To say I was pissed with learning my wife was involved in a fight in a public place was an understatement and what made it worse was that I had to find out from our media consultant. She did not call me to inform me so I could do something about it sooner and now my father was on my back about it. He hated any of us being in the media for such things because the elders questioned him as a leader and father. Even though this had nothing to do with his skills as a father and he was no longer king.

' John please drive around for a few minutes. I need to think and calm myself down.'

I turned off my phone before placing it in the cup holder and sat back. Somehow I fell asleep and woke up to my driver telling me we were home. Through the windshield I could see it was dark.

' How long have I been asleep?'

' For an hour your majesty.'

' John I told you _ you know what thanks. Don't come at our usual time tomorrow, I'll call you when I need you. Enjoy your morning with your family.'

' Thank you sir.'

Adana came running towards me as soon as I closed the car door followed by the twins, Chidi and Chike. The time of the day I enjoyed the most. Hence I needed to calm myself down before coming home. Anger has a tendency of letting itself out on the unintended target.

' Boys help your sister wash her hands. I'll be over in a minute, I need to talk to mommy.'

Adana was reluctant to leave and I had to take her myself, abandoning the conversation for later. As soon as I tucked them in after dinner, I went into the kitchen where she was tidying up.

' What happened today?'

I listened to her explain.

' You cannot blame Keija and Bia, they're not my wife.  You know better as the queen and mother. Why did you not call me as soon as it happened and why did you even let them fight her?'

' I forget how fast these things travel these days and I was waiting for you to come home. Didn't want to stress you about a stupid fight while you have an oil spill you have to deal with. I tried to stop them but you know there's nothing much I can do.'

' You have security with you for such things. Where were they?'

' I had asked them to wait outside the store because they were causing traffic. It's not their fault, don't-'

' I will definitely go see them and reprimand them after this. I've told you to refrain from dismissing them from their job.'

My wife forgets that the guards are a necessity not an accessory.

' The elders are furious. That's the first thing you should have thought about before involving any part of you in a fight .'

I could careless about what people think about her fighting. I'm for her standing up for herself but not like that. Now I had to meet with the elders.