066

' Baina?.'

Keija was surprised to find me seated infront of the television at midnight, with my phone in hand waiting on the latest news on my husband. So many times I wanted to call him but recalled what Malik had said that night of Brian's release. That it might put him in much more danger since we don't know what his situation is. It was hard but I was refraining.

'' What are you doing alone in the dark at this time?''

'' You know it's his birthday today?. He was supposed to arrive today so we could spend his birthday morning together. What if-''

'' Honey no! Mikhail is coming back to you and your children. You're going to spend the next birthdays together.''

'' When will he return cause the special forces have been gone to Cleisia for a day and there's still no news. Aren't they  the best on the planet?!''

'' They are the best because they calculate their every move, they cannot just swarm in there and put people's lives in more danger. Especially the king's. I promise babe he will be back. Now please go to bed. You haven't slept much and it's not good for the baby.''

Sleeping was not an option at this moment.

''All I see when I close my eyes is my husband in pain and crying out for me. I would love to rest but I can't.''

'' Maybe we should call the royal physician to come and give you something.''

'' No. No need to, I don't want to take anything that will affect my baby.''

'' Not sleeping will affect your baby more.''

'' You know I'm tired of people telling me how to behave during this time. Not to seem rude but I know exactly what is bad or good for my baby and I don't need you reminding me.''

Keija apologised before walking back to her bedroom for the night. My mother had left with Beca as she had gone into labour a few hours after Brian's interview. My aunt and Bia took the kids with them to give me space. Which I was highly grateful for since I didn't know how to explain what was happening to their father to them.

" Can't sleep either?"

Mekhi asked me as he walked in through the kitchen. I guess he must have been outside. I replied yes as he sat down next to me. For a while we silently kept our eyes on the screen each in their own head.

" I'm scared Bai, what if he doesn't-"

I quickly turned to him covering his mouth with my hand, It was bad enough rhat I had the same thought earlier.

" Don't Mekhi Don't! He's coming back to us, I know he is. Your brother is a fighter and he won't go out without a fight. He has to see this child born and  walk our daughters down the isle. He's coming back to us, don't even think that."

" That's my brother Bai, I don't want to think it but I'm just scared."

I pulled him into a hug and we both cried onto each other. I need this to be over Lord.

WANT TO LOVE YOU. जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें