050

' Can we get a picture of you guys.'

The annoying journalists said. We were out on our monthly date night having dinner when she interrupted us to ask for an opportunity to interview us because according to her nobody really knew us and everything that was written about us was from sources or speculation. We politely declined repeatedly as she persistently tried to get us to agree bit eventually gave up and just asked for a picture. By this time I was fed up with her and did not bother to smile when her cameraman took the picture.

' We're definitely not coming back to this restaurant anymore.'

My wife sighed. She hated journalists and their vulture tendencies as much as I did if not more. Baina was a private person who I feel guilty for exposing to my life everytime such things happen. Even though she knew what marrying me entailed I still felt responsible for her.

'Do you want to leave?'

' Yeah but I'm not ready to end the night though.'

' We go see a movie.'

' We have a state of the art cinema at home with all the latest movies, no. Let's go to the maize gardens.  I've always wondered it would feel getting lost in them at night.'

' They're locked though.'

' You're the king and need I mention the owner. You could pull some strings for your wife.'

' This is not the time to pull that card. You should have done that when you got a speeding ticket last week.'

' I was wrong then and had to pay my dues. What kind of a queen would I be if I did wrong and bribed my way out of it, it's the moral thing to do.'

' You're right. We don't need anymore scandals especially like that.'

' Don't remind of that. I mean how could anyone think that we would actually fly the real Minnie Mouse from Disneyland just for a three year olds birthday. It still baffles me and irks me out.'

Somebody had fed false information about our daughter's birthday. Claiming that she used a world renowned event planner for the party and flew my daughter's favorite mouse all the way from the states with taxpayers money. Though we could afford to do it with the money from our companies, we would never do anything so extravagant for a child. We would just fly her out there but all these lies were affecting my wife because people actually believed them.

' Hopefully my meeting with the editor tomorrow will sort this mess out.'

' Hopefully so but right now I just want to have some childish adult fun.'

' I thought that's what we were doing last night in the kids jumping castle. I always knew you were double jointed but not like that.'

' Why do you have to always do that babe?.'

She blushed as she always did when I spoke about our sex life. I would never discuss our intimate details with outsiders but it was not a problem for me to discuss it with her. After all what happens between me and her, should stay between us.