016

Normally I hated huge gatherings especially those that involved the royal family as people did not know how to act but sitting here watching my boyfriend of six months be reigned in as our next king brought me so my joy. Especially since his training was really hard on him and our relationship. So hard that the last time we went on a date was the night he first told me he loved me and officially asked me to be his girlfriend. Which I thought I already was but I guess he had to officiate it.

'' I honestly did not think dad would let us come to this and let alone share a table with the royal family.''

Becca whispered into my ear. I was surprised too to get a call from my dad informing me that we were invited. Mikhail had mentioned he sent an invitation but I told him not to hold his breath, my dad would surely decline.

'' Same here and I bet Mike I'd give him head if dad agreed.''

Becca laughed, I don't even know why I made that bet but none of us expected him to agree. So far he had chased Mikhail out of our home every time he came to ask for his blessings. Mikhail had tried to discuss this with his father but he too agreed with my dad. Hence things were still tense between my father and I. Mother was still apprehensive but she was not as difficult as my dad.

'' You do know that after today they'll be increased pressure on him to marry?''

'' What? He never told me that.''

'' Well it is what is expected of him as the new king and for other's to take him seriously, he must have a family. Apparently it shows that he can handle being a leader if he has a good wife and children. Stupid ideals if you ask me.''

'' Do you think he will ask me to marry him? Becca I'm still young, I still want to finish my law studies before even thinking of becoming anybody's wife but then if I refuse he might find himself somebody willing to. Oh gosh, what am I thinking?. He's obviously going to find somebody suitable, that his fam-''

'' Hey relax, you might just be overreacting. Anything can happen and I'm sure he has no plans of forcing you into marriage and his family might already have a wife for him.''

The thought of his family already having a wife for him made me sick to my stomach. As much as I did not want to become a wife just yet, I also did not want him to marry anybody else but me. Though if he has to there is nothing I can do but let him go. We stood up to cheer and applauded after he was officially crowned king.

'' Can I be excused.''

I could feel his eyes on me as I walked towards the bathroom and knew he would follow. There was a light knock just as I was about to splash water on my face.

'' Babe, are you okay?'

'' I cannot marry you Mikhail!"