062

When he first took the throne I did not see him for two and a half months due to his busy schedule. During that time he was everywhere except home and I missed him dearly. He would call but those calls were short and far inbetween. He was always busy when I was available or was in a foreign country with a different time zone than ours and what sucked was that I would not be spending Christmas holidays with him.

' It's Christmas and you're sulking, while everybody is enjoying themselves downstairs. Where's your Christmas spirit?'

My brother said after walking into my room and found me hugging a teddy Mike had given me. He was home for Christmas with his pregnant fiance.

' Bobo please. I want to be alone.'

' Nobody should be alone on Christmas Bai, come.'

' Bobo I don't want to go anywhere.'

' Come on, there's something I want to show you.'

He almost dragged me off the bed so reluctantly I agreed to go to wherever he was taking me. He played 'tis the season to be jolly, I guess to annoy me, all the way to his secret destination.

' What are we doing here?'

My eyes and mouth went wide when we drove up into the royal gardens. The former king ( Mikhail's great grandfather) had them built specifically for his wife and we're only accessed by the royals.

' Since you miss him, I thought to cheer you up.'

As soon as he said that Mike appeared from behind this majestic tree and I jumped on him. Kissing him, forgetting that my brother was standing just right there.

' I love you.'

' Mikhail?'

I called out for my husband when I woke up to find myself in our bedroom at the main castle. By the light coming through the window I could sense that I was out for sometime. He must be back I thought as I made sure to look as presentable as I could be in night clothes. I quickly rushed out the room in hopes to find out that last night was all a dream.

' Honey¿, you're up. You should have called someone to come help.'

' I'm fine mother. Where is my husband?'

'Bain-'

' Tell him I'm up and we're here. We love him and miss him.'

Tears I was trying to hold back choked me.

' He's not back my daughter.'

My mother-in-law said with worry filled eyes which told of all the grief she was going through while trying to keep it together. I on the other hand couldn't, I needed, no wanted my husband home.

' Then why are we not going to fetch him. I'll go-'

Mekhi who too looked like he had seen better days, stepped infront of me when I attempted to run to the door.

' Baina you cannot leave the house. We have people on their way there. We just have to wait for their update.'

' What do you mean wait, you said there was an explosion outside where the conference was being held. They need to bring him home.'

' Bai please calm down and sit-"

' Keke I don't want to sit! I want to go find my husband. What's wrong with you people?!!'

I crouched down in pain after screaming at everyone as a sharp pain sliced through my waist.