89 - Falling Star

* * *

Weeks had passed after the Mo Hanlu and Veronica Chime scandal, but they are still the talk of the country, especially on social media. This was because even though Mo Hanlu and the Mo Empire had been all but silent now, people were still waiting for Veronica Chime's side. Up until now, she was still silent, even though her agency had been calling upon her for the lawsuit they were going to file.

However, unbeknownst to all, during this time Veronica Chime had been staying in one of the city's high-rise buildings. It was not because she was hiding, but because she was kidnapped by the person she thought was dead. For the past few weeks, she was kept in a small room with only a twin bed in the middle for her to rest on and a door in the far corner leading to a small bathroom with only the basic utilities.

She was dying to get out and report to the authorities that she had been kidnapped. She didn't know how many days she had been kept captive, as the window in her room was sealed so no light would come in from the outside. She didn't know what day it was or if it was morning or night. All this time, all she could do was eat and sleep, she didn't know what else to do.

Today as well, Veronica lay on the bed feeling weak. She is a star, she doesn't belong in a secluded room just to nurture the child inside her. She still has work to do: movies, interviews, and photoshoots to take part in. Most of all, she needed to make a way where people would still come to her side. She knows now that she made a mistake by lying to the Mos, but she does not believe no one would side with her. Mo Empire is a corrupt company, their family is powerful. But if she plays her cards right this time, and somehow deceives people just enough for her to be not completely ruined, then she'll be satisfied with it.

However, being in this empty room, sleeping and eating all day and night, how could she save herself? How could she curry favor from the people? From her fans?

She wanted to protest, refuse to eat so Ethan would worry and take her outside, just so she could see the light, but it was no use. The baby inside her made her eat all the food that was given to her without anything left. It had only been a few days, at least she thought so, and she knows that her stomach had gotten bigger. It was too late for her to abort the child and she was not brave enough to hurt herself purposely just to hurt the baby inside her.

"Time to eat." Suddenly, the entrance to the room that was always locked opened and Ethan Morris came in wearing his suit. Veronica stares at Ethan and even now she still wonders where the man works. As far as she could remember, the Ethan Morris she knew was always messy, looking wild and carefree. At the same time, his overall temperament screams he came from poverty, but now all that has changed.

"When are you going to release me? I can't abort your child now, I don't have time to spend laying around here as your prisoner." Veronica protested, sitting up from her lying position. She had repeatedly been saying this for the past several days, even though she knew Ethan would never allow her to leave.

"You're safer here with me," Ethan simply said and put the tray of food on top of the sheets for Veronica.

"Safer? You're the most dangerous one here. If you want to kill me just do it already! I know you hate me!" Veronica yelled. She saw a little opening and quickly grabbed on the hot soup and threw it into Ethan's face. Veronica was surprised at what she did, but seeing how Ethan was out of balance, she quickly headed straight to the door which she found conveniently open.

Despite Ethan's call, Veronica didn't stop and was soon able to get out of the room she was kept in for days, or weeks as far as she had counted. Her stomach was heavy, her legs were a little shaky, and she was too weak but adrenaline kept her moving, running towards her freedom.