126 -Promises

* * *

"P-Please, it wasn't me. It wasn't me, please have mercy. Spare my wife and children," The man begged, trembling kneeling after he was beaten up and thrown onto the floor. His face was stained with tears and blood. He just arrived from work when he was suddenly knocked out. When he woke up he was sitting on a chair, his hands tied while his wife and children were in front of him, crying and trembling with their eyes blindfolded.

"P-please, I wouldn't dare. I wouldn't dare hurt anyone from the Mo household," the man said again, pleading. He already answered the question that was asked of him and he wouldn't dare lie in front of these people anymore. Years ago he barely survived with a little of his fortune left, it'll be stupid of him to plot revenge for someone he couldn't beat even if he's given a thousand guts.

"Any suspicious individuals visiting to give you an offer?"

"No. No. N-none of that, sir. E-even if there was, I-I wouldn't accept such o-offer," The man replied between his painful groans. His eyes shifted from the questioner to the man behind him, silently glaring in his direction as if, waiting for him to say the wrong words.

But everything he said was true, after he made a mistake and offended young Mo Laotian long ago, he would never dare offend them again. Back then Mo Empire was just a normal company that was a little bit more successful than the rest, now, they control half of the economy of the country. Even if they did something illegal, he wouldn't be surprised if the government was secretly supporting and covering everything for them to achieve a better cause so it's useless to even plot revenge unless someone had a death wish.

"Tch..." Clicking his tongue as he waved his hand to his men indicating to finish everything already, Hanlu subconsciously rubbed his stomach that was now throbbing in pain. This was the third person they've visited today in an attempt to find that kidnapper, but to no avail, they still haven't found the bastard.

Walking out of the house, Hanlu cursed in annoyance. Meanwhile, comprehending the command, Hanlu's men untied the wife before they all prepared to leave. They wouldn't bother covering this up because no one would dare to offend them anyway. And even if they tried, they wouldn't win no matter what they do.

"Honey, w-what have they done to you?" Hanlu heard the wife scream, calling her husband as he finally stepped out of the house with a sigh. There was no need for further investigation, he doubts a coward like this man was able to do something like kidnapping or hiring someone to kidnap children.

"Sir, our next target is Victor Paterson..." Trailing the way to his service, Hanlu's assistant quickly reminded, however, before the young assistant could finish narrating the next man's background, Hanlu raised his hand again and told him to stop.

"You can finish off the rest of the targets today, if you find any leads you can call me," Hanlu said before stepping inside his car. Of course, he was determined to find the man himself but he also needs to be with Lan's side right now. Even though Lan was a child too mature for his age, he had always been lively, but after he woke up days ago with his sight taken away from him, Hanlu's heart ached seeing his son's depressed expression. Lan understood his situation but that doesn't mean the child doesn't feel bad about it.

Despite looking like the situation hadn't affected him, in actuality, Hanlu was building up all the resentment he had for this Bronson couple. He knew full well he couldn't touch them yet without proper plans especially when his older brother was still recovering so for now, he needs to find this kidnapper and punish him as soon as possible so later he could proceed on punishing the mastermind for ruining his peaceful marriage life with Ian.

"Y-yes, sir," The assistant nodded at the order before he stepped back and watched the car drive away from the scene.

"Head back to the ranch," Hanlu said this time. After Daniel and Luangmin left the city, Hanlu and Ian decided to check Lan out of the hospital as well. They planned to keep Lan back at the home but thinking of Lan's condition, Mo Chendong and Laura Mo suggested letting Lan stay at the ranch. Although it was still basically within the city, it was fairly far enough that the air quality was good and good for people that were trying to recover from an illness.