112 - Proud to be A Mo

* * *

"Mommy! Daddy!" Lan was busy playing with his cousin when he saw two figures walking inside their hospital room. When he realized they were Ian and Hanlu, he quickly ran towards his parents, jumping into Ian's arms.

"Hi, my baby," Ian smiled and hugged his son. Even though it was a brief moment, he saw Lan's bandages and he couldn't help but feel like crying. But hoping to keep his tears hidden, Ian chewed on his lips while burying his face against his son's neck. "Mommy missed you so so much." He wasn't able to prevent his voice from breaking. Lan had never seen him cry before. He always showed his toughest side to the boy because, aside from being a mother, Ian also needed to be the father for 8 years. He needed to keep a tough image so his son would view him as someone he could rely on.

"I miss you and Daddy too, Mommy," Lan giggled, not noticing Ian's voice cracking.

"How are you?" Hanlu asked, joining in the hug. He kissed Lan's temples, trying to avoid seeing the bandages his son had on his hands. Seeing it broke his heart just as much as Ian's, but instead of feeling sad and crying, he was feeling more and more resentment towards the man who did this to his son. He heard the details about what had happened from Tian Zi and he was sure that he would torture the man to death when he find him. He would start off with breaking each of his bones before cutting his limbs off one by one.

"I'm fine, Daddy," Lan replied brightly. Even though they haven't been away for two weeks, he missed both his parents so much.

"How about Mommy and Daddy? Why are you back so soon?" Lan asked this time, slightly leaning back to look at Ian and Hanlu. Although he missed both of them and is happy that they're finally back, Lan still wanted to know why they came back so early, when the initial plan was to go back after two weeks.

"It's simply because we missed you. Your Mommy and I realized it's more fun to go on a vacation together," Hanlu replied while he brushed Lan's hair softly, while Ian nodded in agreement, still suppressing himself from bursting into tears. When Tian Zi said earlier that their parents decided to keep the fact that he was kidnapped from the child, Hanlu and Ian agreed. They realized that it's probably for the best if Lan didn't know anything for now.

"Really?" Lan giggled, hugging his mother again.

"H-how about these wounds? Do they hurt?" Ian asked finally, barely holding on that Hanlu put his palm on his back, giving him courage and comfort, which really helped him.

"Ahh this? This is nothing. It doesn't hurt at all, Mommy. You don't need to worry," Lan assured, telling the truth. Yesterday, it did hurt, but now the pain went away enough for him to ignore it.

"Let Mommy and Daddy see it, please," Ian asked softly, looking briefly at Hanlu. Lan immediately complied and showed his hands. Hanlu touched it softly and he couldn't describe the rage he felt inside, however none of that showed on his face, the same with Ian, who chose to remain silent.

"Hmmm, I'm so proud of you. You're such a brave boy like your Mommy," Hanlu said, putting down Lan's hands, making the little boy smile.

Walking deeper into the room, Ian and Hanlu first saw Daniel's sleeping figure on the hospital bed. Since they've already heard the crucial details from Tian Zi, Hanlu and Ian know why the Omega is now back in the hospital bed. Even though Daniel didn't necessarily do anything, both are still thankful that the Omega was willing to risk his life to save their son. Both Hanlu and Ian were planning to properly thank Daniel when he's awake.

"How was your flight?" Laura asked, looking at the group. Right now, she and Diane were the only ones in the room aside from the patient and the kids. Of course, their husbands, George, and Ronald would want to stay in the hospital as well, but since it might cause more stress to Daniel if there are too many people in the room, they all decided that Diane and Laura should stay, as they were the once who took care of Daniel back then too.