106 - Never Should've Left His Side

* * *

"I know! I know and I understand... but a child is in danger while I'm here in this bulletproof car, untouched. It makes me feel so much despair, frustration, and anger towards myself." Daniel yelled as he cried.

"Please...Please let me help..." Daniel begged, pulling on his clothes. He already knew it was useless to ask but he had to try. Listening to Daniel's bawls, Ryan sighed. He really felt bad for the Omega. Of course, he would love to let him do what he wanted, he was specially instructed to let the Omega do what he wanted by his employer, but purposely engaging in danger was out of the question.

"I'm sorry. I don't make the end call here. I'm also just following instructions..." Ryan replied defeatedly, causing Daniel to cry out in pain. Seeing that Daniel didn't plan to talk anymore, he quickly messaged April and reported what he heard from a conversation Daniel and the kidnapper had earlier. As the message was relayed, April had no choice but to instruct Ryan to drive back to the Mo Estate. She understood the situation had become even more dangerous for both Lan and Daniel, so they had to remove them from the area before something unexpected happened.

"That's him!" Ending the call, April pointed at the screen where a man in a dark hoodie was carrying a child. From the way they looked, it seemed like he was a parent carrying his child. Unfortunately, the reality was far more cruel. The man was Lan's kidnapper. Because the CCTV camera was limited and didn't include the alley where the toilets were, it was difficult to pinpoint if the man was the right one or not, but for April, just one look and she knew he was the one they were looking for.

"Follow him," April instructed, and quickly the security department of the academy did so. Meanwhile, in the room with them, the principal and director worriedly stood to the side. Aside from being worried about Lancel Mo being kidnapped, he was also worried about the fact that a Mo was kidnapped in his facility during a school event. If this news gets out, surely his business will suffer the worst from the situation.

"Miss, what can we do to help Young Master Lan?" the director asked, wanting to offer any assistance he could give and hope that the Mos would be kind enough to keep this from the public. Hearing this, April glared at the man, one look at him clearly shows he was more worried about his image than Lancel Andrews Mo.

"Aside from keeping the people from panicking, there's nothing much you can do," April said gravely before turning her attention back to the screen. Hearing her reply, the principal nodded in defeat. He quickly decided to keep quiet or else he would only make the situation worse.

"I understand," He replied, nodding before he wiped his sweat.

"At the back, near the parking lot," one of the security personnel said looking at the last CCTV footage they have of the man. The place where the man was going with the child he was carrying was a blind spot. Just recently the CCTV camera in that area suddenly malfunctioned and they had yet to arrange for someone to change it because it was not necessarily an important location that needed urgent monitoring.

"Keep on following him on the surveillance camera while I check the location. Backup is on the way, leave the post when someone arrives to take over." April instructed, glaring at the screen as she suddenly pulled a 9mm handgun out of nowhere. Since the school is a public facility and there are so many people around, she then skillfully attached a silencer to her gun in case she had to exchange fire with the suspect. When she finished, she quickly left, leaving all in the room surprised aside from Daniel's other bodyguard that knew April personally.

"This fucker is really giving me work when I thought I could finally relax," April whispered to herself, pacing towards the location she needed to be in. When she arrived, she vigilantly looked around. She was confident she could kill the man without much of a struggle since the suspect had been pushed into the corner. April knew this was a suicide mission. His plan didn't succeed because he was found out before he could plan out his escape so he had no choice but to use desperate measures.