65 - Regrets

* * *

"So what did he say?" Ian asked as he approached Hanlu but looking at his husband's unlikely expression, he figured it didn't go as smooth as the Alpha expected it would be. After all, it was Mo Laotian he was talking to. Even if they're brothers; there was no way Hanlu could go up against his older brother's decision.

"He's angry with me. I can definitely tell. But I didn't do anything to him!" Hanlu uttered, still shaken. Thankfully, he was currently on leave from work because if he wasn't. His older brother will definitely make him do all the tiring jobs for weeks or even months and with minimum pay.

"Hmm, I already told you, it's okay. It's not like my face was shown. Let's just follow your brother's plan." Ian cooed and hugged Hanlu from the back. He inhaled the Alpha's scent that quickly soothed his mood. Ever since what had happened earlier, he had been feeling a little off but it would quickly disappear as long as he was close to the Alpha. Maybe he's going to be on heat or something. It should be the time of the month.

"But to wait for three days?! I hate it! I don't want people to talk ill of you. I wanted to show you to everybody but not like this, this is so unfair." Hanlu pouted, he turned around and hugged Ian back making the Omega laugh.

"But you know it's also your fault; since you were responsible for Daniel Mo's pregnancy. You said your brother didn't want to have another kid and now they're having twins. Maybe that's why he's angry with you?" Ian continued to laugh and this time pulled away from the hug. "Anyway, it's time for dinner. Your son's already waiting at the table,"

"Wait, are you sure this is okay to you? Even though I don't know what my brother's plans are, I knew he wouldn't be this reckless without great return." Hanlu said worriedly, holding on Ian's arms. Ian looked at Hanlu and then smiled again. He was genuinely okay that this had happened; he will have to show his identity in the public anyway because he married Hanlu although he might have preferred a different photo.

"Luu, I'm completely fine. You can defend me from the public as much as you can after three days, okay? For now, let's enjoy our peaceful lives as it lasts. In three days, I'll properly stand as a member of the Mo household and as your wife, Okay? Come on, let's eat." Ian reminded again. Hanlu smiled at what Ian said and quickly pulled him into another hug.

"Can I kiss you?" Hanlu asked, burying his face on Ian's neck.

"I'm your wife, you've always been insistent. Why ask me now?" Ian chuckled before slightly pulling away and initiated the kiss. He held onto Hanlu's nape and pulled the Alpha down for him to kiss more. Their tongues moved habitually when Ian shifted his head. Their kiss lasted long seconds before finally Ian pulled away with a blush.

"Okay? Satisfied? Let's eat now," He quickly said and attempted to escape from Hanlu's embrace but as usual he wasn't able to.

"What is it again?" This time Ian frowned at the Alpha. Their son is waiting at the dining table and he definitely wouldn't start eating unless they arrive. Additionally, Hanlu had been so clingy throughout the day. It's not that he hated it but it slightly annoyed him that he couldn't do anything with the Alpha stuck to him.

"Your scent, it's stronger than normal. Are you on heat?" Hanlu asked and once again nuzzled Ian's neck making the Omega blush deeper.

"Seriously, I'm not. So stop it already. Lan is waiting for us,"

* * *

"Madam, Ms. Chime has arrived." Lucas informed Laura who was now sitting comfortably on the couch while reading the latest released members-only magazine from her favorite fashion magazine. Laura flipped the pages close. Since Veronica was Laura's visitor, Diane left to prepare and also call her husband who was currently on the way to the Estate after work.