93 - Never Let You Get What You Want

* * *

"I mean, he's a mated Omega. And I'm sure you don't want Mo Laotian as your enemy as well, you have no chance," April chatted. When she saw the knife at the side, she didn't hesitate to take one, thinking to use it to slice the cake.

"I don't know what you mean." Hearing April's words, Joshua tried to deny the subject but she only laughed. Joshua knew his weird habit of falling for someone that is already committed is sick and inappropriate, but he couldn't help it. The first time he saw Daniel, he couldn't help himself from being attracted. And who would blame him? Daniel Sullen Mo was too difficult to ignore. He had never met someone as gorgeous as Daniel. The Omega's timid and innocent temperament awakened the Alpha side of his individuality. He couldn't help but follow his instinct.

"Oh please, I know just by how you looked at him. Whether you're playing or you truly feel for him, I would just like to warn you now. Don't even think about it or you'll regret ever coming to this country." April added, her tone also filled with warnings. However, that only lasted a quick second before her lips formed a smile again. Joshua was speechless. He genuinely thought the little Beta was a middle-school student but by seeing how she talked, it didn't seem like it.

'Interesting,' Joshua thought and a faint smirk formed on his lips that April failed to notice after she focused her attention on the delicious-looking sweets. She leaned a little closer to the dessert and sniffed it, wondering if there was any weird chemical mixed in it. Fortunately, there was none she could determine because drugs and poison always had distinct smells that she was well acquainted with.

"Hmmmn, I'll keep what you said in mind," Joshua said and later chuckled.

"What's so funny? I'm being nice here. It would have been such a waste if that face of yours gets peeled off and fed to the dogs, and then even I would feel bad." April said acting cute and innocent drawing another laugh from Joshua.

"Just how old are you?" Joshua suddenly asked, now kind of interested in April.

"I'm 14, why?"

Joshua laughed. "I have been in an industry where people tend to lie, so it's no use lying to me, You look young but I bet you're older than me, right?" Joshua teased, which instantly triggered April. Even though she tends to lie about her age, there had been no one who questioned her. And with how she looked, she couldn't believe someone had actually told her that she was older.

"What the fuck! There's no way I'm older than you, old man."

"You don't know that, you don't even know how old I am." Joshua continued to tease. He didn't know why age was so important to women but he was absolutely having fun.

"Uhmmm, s-sorry to interrupt you two. I was worried why you were taking so long." April was about to burst at Joshua when suddenly Daniel interrupted. He was worried whether the two would get along or not, but seeing them now teasing each other, Daniel was glad since he told Mr. Bronson at the last minute that he was going to bring a friend.

"Daniel, this man is definitely not a nice man. He dared tell me I was older than him." Seeing Daniel was walking inside the kitchen, April quickly dashed to the Omega and told the Alpha off. Even though she knew Daniel wouldn't be able to defend her anyway, at least she could try and ruin the Alpha's image to the Omega.

"You two sure are getting along," Daniel commented with a bright lively smile.

"What?! No way, I am not getting along with that man." April disagreed with a pout.

Ignoring April, Joshua flashed his most charming smile again. "I believe you liked this dessert?" he asked, holding the tray with their evenly sliced snacks neatly placed on a small plate.