139 - Double Date

* * *

Still disappointed stepping out of the car, Laotian sighed as he helped the blushing Daniel out of the vehicle. Although he could have been stubborn earlier and insisted on going further, the thought of his future 2nd and 3rd son becoming an additional factor for his decrease in alone time with Daniel cut down his mood. Luangmin was already a major cock block at times and now it's sinking into him that there will be an additional two soon that he's starting to wonder if he will ever be with Daniel alone like they used to.

"I'm sorry, Laotian," Daniel whispered softly, the stubborn blush remaining on his cheeks as they now stood in front of the most popular family restaurant in town.

"You don't need to be sorry," Laotian said, wrapping his arms around his wife and later kissing him on his forehead. Although he was disappointed, there was no way it was because of Daniel. If anything, he was just developing a love and hate relationship with their twins.

"What are you two still standing there all affectionate with each other again?" Hanlu suddenly interrupted, walking towards the hugging Daniel and Laotian with Luangmin on his arms reaching out his little limbs seeing his parents hugging. They arrived seconds after the couple but he and Ian along with the kids just had to watch the two being all lovey-dovey like they always had been. Hanlu especially was kind of jealous because he couldn't do the same with Ian in public or else he'll end up with bruises on his sides or stomach.

"S-sorry, let's go ahead then," Daniel said shyly as he quickly pulled away from Laotian and held Minmin's hands who was reaching out before seconds later Laotian approached to pick him up from his younger brother, but not after glaring at Hanlu for interrupting his brief-time with Daniel. And as expected, seeing that glare, Hanlu was nothing but confused. Ian and Lan were already following Daniel and Laotian towards the restaurant while Hanlu was still standing at his spot wondering what he did wrong again. It wasn't until Ian called that Hanlu finally woke up from his thoughts and chose to ignore what just happened.

"Why are you so slow?" Ian complained with a frown, waiting for Hanlu at the top of the stairs.

"Nothing, I was just thinking that this could be our very first double date," Hanlu said as soon as he reached Ian and wrapped his arms around his waist. Meanwhile hearing what the Alpha just said, Ian grimaced.

"You're talking nonsense," Ian commented with a chuckle although what Hanlu said was kinda true. This was absolutely the first time the four of them went out together with the kids like this because, for the past few months, every day had been very hectic. With his and Hanlu's relationship being not so great before, and then suddenly Hanlu's scandal prompted him to choose to leave, and when finally that was fixed, Daniel was hospitalized, and now Lan and Luangmin's eye condition. And in addition to that, Hanlu and Laotian were both busy with company work so they never had a chance to go out together and enjoy themselves like today because when they did see each other, it was always a family celebration.

"Baby, my words are no way nonsense. Although the kids are with us, this is still considered as a double date, or at least for me, it is," Hanlu insisted that Ian didn't bother arguing anymore.

"Yeah. Yeah okay, but we better get going, Daniel and your brother are waiting," Ian chuckled again and later intertwined his fingers with Hanlu's before he dragged him towards where their table was. When they reached their table, they both sat on the available seats apologizing for their delay. Of course with the group's presence at the restaurant, people that were already there were beyond surprised. Who would have thought that such formidable figures would suddenly appear at a local family restaurant in the rural area?

Although not all people recognized the group, none of the employees or the existing customers could remove their sight from the group from the moment they walked inside. They were simply too eye-catching to ignore. If only they didn't emit the aura of a simple family eating lunch out at the restaurant, one would think the group was celebrities filming a scene. It was such a trivial thing but the scene looked so heartwarming.