145 - Still the Same

* * *

A loud thud along with a piercing sound of a gunshot echoed not far from where Laotian was followed by a harsh dreadful shrill.

Everything happened in mere seconds, no one except Nigel who was on the way to assist Mo Laotian witnessed what had just happened. No one anticipated it, especially Jordan Bronson who quickly crawled towards his barely conscious husband, crying and still stunned. His hands were shaking as he pressed against the wound he unintentionally inflicted on his chest.

"N-Noooo~ . . . No. No. No, H-Honey. . . w-wake up," Jordan called in panic. Even though his leg was hurting due to his injury, he didn't mind the pain as he bent it sitting on the floor. Diego's eyes flickered as he tried to ease his crying wife, he tried to say something but he ended up coughing blood, further frightening the Omega.

"D-don't talk. I'll call for help quickly," Jordan quickly said, his voice trembled as he hurriedly fished out his mobile phone however as he was doing so Diego held his wife's hand and later towards his stomach. He looked at Jordan relieved as if it doesn't matter that he got shot as long as the Omega was fine.

"T-that's enough," Diego forced himself to say despite coughing blood. He was glad that he made it on time, he was supposed to surprise the Omega with his early arrival when he learned that Jordan had left the house through Joshua reporting to him that his brother-in-law was at his art gallery event. Honestly, it would have been okay since both Mo brothers already assured him that they wouldn't make a move as long as Jordan won't touch them again but Diego knew full well Jordan wasn't at the art gallery to enjoy art. He was there to do something that might cause his demise.

"That's enough," Diego said again and caressed Jordan's barely noticeable baby bump. He was relieved that even at the cost of his own life, both get to live.

"I said stop talking!" Jordan slightly yelled this time as he bawled. He understands what Diego meant. He wasn't that dense, he could tell that Diego was doing everything to stop him. It was just his speculation but when Mo Laotian told him earlier that Diego came to them himself to beg for their lives, it confirmed all suspicions. He felt betrayed, he was angry because the Alpha promised to support him and all his desires but just because suddenly he got pregnant, he wanted to back away.

"D-Do you really h-hate it that much f-for you to throw life f-for that bastard?!!" Jordan said between him bawls. He understood that him getting pregnant again after trying for years was a big deal considering his body's condition but that's more the reason why he's in a rush.

"Y-You said you're on my side. T-That no matter what you're on my side! Y-You liar! Lair!" Jordan continued to bawl, his body shaking. After his mother died, he never thought he would like to cry like this again because, in the first place, he was only using Diego. He was only with him for the money and connection, he never planned to fall for him.

Meanwhile, looking at the scene still pressing on David's wound, Laotian signaled Nigel and the others to put down their weapons as the Omega doesn't plan to fight anymore. He was surprised at what Diego Bronson did but he might have saved his life, he does not feel remorse seeing the man laying on the floor. However, he was not that bad of a person so he asked Nigel to make sure to send two ambulances to their location.

"What in the world happened here!?? People are ru-- Diego!" Suddenly Joshua said in the midst of running towards them but as soon as he recognized one of the two men laying on the floor, his eyes went wide in surprise. Not even an hour ago he was on the phone with his brother and now he's here on a pool of blood.

"What happened! Please call an ambulance," Joshua asked again as he bent his knees to get a closer look at his brother barely conscious, and Jordan on the floor. And instead of Laotian, Nigel replied that they already called and that they are on their way. Hearing that, Joshua nodded gratefully and looked at Jordan who was shaking in his sleep.