122 - Forever Ally

* * *

As Hanlu and Daniel departed from the area, the maids especially started gossiping. Since most of the maids at the headquarters are still being trained, almost all of them haven't had the chance to see any members of the Mo family aside from the three brothers who frequented the place recently. Of course, they already saw Daniel in pictures, this will be their first time seeing the Omega in person.

"Oh my God, the rumors are true. We're expecting another young master or mistress in the family," One maid squealed. The news about Daniel being pregnant still hasn't been out in public but rumors about it haven't died down in social media after a couple of people saw and recognized Daniel at the art gallery and Lan's school activity.

"I doubt it at first but seeing Master Daniel's huge stomach I think he's going to give birth soon," Another said, joining in the giggles.

"Young Master Luangmin's pictures are super adorable. I bet his younger sibling will end up as adorable as him or maybe even cuter,"

"Yes for sure. I wish I would be assigned to Eldest Young Master's mansion soon. I want to fill my eyes with beautiful people every single day,"

"Ahh, me too. This is the first time I'm seeing Master Daniel. No wonder Eldest Young Master is head over heels for him. Just look at that face, who wouldn't fall for that?" Another maid said again. She had never been assigned to one of Mo mansions yet like most of them in the secret estate so she was one example of many who had never seen any members of the Mo family in person except the three brothers.

"True that, but we shouldn't be gossiping here at this time, we should clean up quickly and continue this talk at the maid's quarter," the oldest among the maid said which the rest agreed with a nod. There was no secret that Mo Laotian was in treatment and the reason why the Omega visited the secret Estate is probably because his husband. Mo Laotian hates noise so it's probably for the best to clean up, finish all their remaining works and then call it a day and continue gossiping at the maid's quarters.

* * *

"I told you he's fine," Hanlu and Daniel walked inside a room and the moment they entered one partition leading to the bed, Daniel immediately saw Laotian laying there peacefully sleeping. His eyes started to water as he rushed towards the Alpha's unconscious figure. Laotian was currently half naked and his upper body was covered with bandages. Daniel hadn't clearly seen Laotian earlier this morning when they saw each other but now that he had laid his eyes on the Alpha properly, he realized that Laotian had lost weight. Even though he was asleep, his eye bags were visible indicating that the Alpha probably hasn't had a proper sleep for at least a week.

"L-Laotian," Daniel whispered and touched his husband's face before he sniffled. The tip of his nose quickly red, seeing his beloved Alpha in this state. He had never seen Laotian in this helpless state before and he never wanted to see it again.

"I-I never said I was going to divorce you. How could you think of such a thing?" Daniel mumbled between his sobs before picking Laotian's hand and pressed it against his soft damp cheeks.

"I would never do such a thing. Do you have such little trust in me?" Daniel continued to cry, he had the urge to punch Laotian but he held himself knowing that the Alpha was already badly hurt. Meanwhile listening to Daniel, Hanlu decided to leave the two alone so he silently left the room and to the lounge where he soon indulged himself in talking to Ian who was left in the hospital to tend to both Lan and Luangmin.

"I've already forgiven you for keeping this as a secret from me, but if you let this affect your health and die from it I will never ever forgive you," Daniel sniffled, his tears flowed nonstop. "How could you do this to me? I'm already in so much stress. I tried becoming strong, for you and for our children...I-I can't take this anymore," Daniel added as he whined while he squeezed Laotian's hand. Truly, if something happens again, he can't promise he could hold on any longer. He wanted to be strong and he tried to be but seeing his love ones being this hurt, he couldn't stop himself from being affected.