31- Secured Witnesses,

* * *

Veronica kept on calling Remi Long's number and she would breathe her curse receiving the same response from the operator over and over again. "Pick up! Damn it!" She breathes punching on her wheel. She accelerated her driving speed until she arrived at her desired destination. 
She quickly gets off of her car viewing the building where Remi Long lives. She knew Remi said she was going to leave but that was just days ago. She must not have left that quickly. 

Slamming the door of her car close, Veronica started walking towards the building. Fifteen minutes later, she was standing at her friend's doorstep, pressing on the doorbell nonstop. She knocked and called but there was no Remi Long who answered her. It was all silence. It was obvious there was no one inside.

"Fuck! She could not have left already? I haven't even paid her salary for the month yet." Veronica mumbled and dialed Remi's number again but in vain, the call wouldn't go through. Yes, they had a fight or argument. But it's a normal occurrence in their relationship. Veronica didn't really think her friend would decide not to see her just because she said she didn't want to see her again.

Muddled headed. Veronica texted Remi to call her as soon as she read her message but unknown to her, Remi Long was somewhere Veronica didn't expect her to be.

Yesterday, like Veronica had predicted. Remi Long was still in her flat and was not to leave until she told Veronica not to persist in her lies or she'll end up being ruined. Mo Laotian or the Mo household was not someone who she can easily deceive. 

That if she wanted to stay being an actress, she should stay away from them. Even if she had someone backing her.

Unfortunately, before she could even do that. Just like what Remi had already thought before. Four bulky men in black showed up at her doorstep asking her to come with them if she didn't want to get hurt. Remi, of course, tried to resist but she ended up being knocked out and the next thing she knew she woke up in a place she had no knowledge where.

All she could see outside of her window was hundreds and hundreds of tall trees. From the way she looked at it, it does not seem to end. She wondered if she's still in the country or shipped to a tropical country while she was asleep. Although she had not been hurt and was taken care of quite well, she was no doubt a prisoner. 

Remi doesn't have an enemy who can do this kind of thing so she only thought it was Mo Laotian who did it. But it had been two days since, and no Mo Laotian or Mo Hanlu had come to see her. Remi wondered again how many more days she will have to stay and wait.

"Ms. Long, Please come with us." Remi was pacing back and forth in her room when the man who she met last time at her place said opening the door after knocking, he was the man who had knocked her out. So despite knowing he will not hurt her this time, she still suspiciously looked at him before she reluctantly followed.

After all, if they did intend to hurt her, they should have done it yesterday, but they didn't!! So even though she was nervous, she obligingly followed hoping she could get out soon.

"Y-Yes." Remi squeaks nervously as she walks towards the man. Remi stepped out of her room tensely, she looked around at first, doubtful.

"Don't worry, Ms. Long. I will not hurt you." The man said monotonously and urged her to follow him.

"Just making sure, you're the one who knocked me out the last time," Remi mumbled as they started walking further in the hallway. Her eyes tried to remember every detail of the interior since this was her first time seeing it outside of the room she was being kept. But as they were walking, she silently realized the building was like a maze, there were so many rooms and hallways, she thought how the guys and maids did not get lost while walking.