135 - Diego Bronson (1)

* * *

"Eldest Young Master, Mr. Diego Bronson has arrived," The head butler reported after he knocked on the door three times before he twisted the doorknob open.

"Yes, escort him in," Laotian replied as he let go of his documents and slowly placed them on his table. Even though he was not physically present at the Mo Empire, he still did his work as always but ever since he went to Africa and had gotten hurt, his documents had been piling up into an incredible amount. Normally he wouldn't be able to hold himself and work on it as soon as possible but he went ahead and visited Daniel and Luangmin first and now that he was back again he was trying to distract himself from missing the two so much.

He wished to stay with the two longer and spend time with them like he always did but then this happened. He didn't know why Diego Bronson was looking for him. He was even willing to listen to all of his demands, and visit him in his territory alone but depending on his purpose and the things that he's going to say, the man is never going to get out of his place that easily.

Finished informing his Master, the butler nodded and soon left. Laotian didn't follow immediately as he was still drawn to his thoughts but after a while, he finally stood up from his chair and soon followed. His expression was stiff and frigid as if his facial muscles hadn't been stretched out for a long time. It was probably difficult for people to believe that just the day before yesterday, this same man was smiling ear to ear in front of his beloved wife and child while eating a meal and taking a walk outside to sightsee.

Trailing the way to the waiting room where he expected Diego Bronson to be escorted to, Hanlu suddenly popped out of nowhere and ran towards Laotian. Hanlu's sudden appearance made the older Alpha frown as he stopped walking and his frown went even deeper when he also saw Tian Zi slowly walking towards them.

"I made it on time," Hanlu said out of breath, his hands both on his side to which Laotian just watched and didn't say anything, the same when Tian Zi finally reached them.

"If Tian Zi didn't tell me that the bastard was coming, I would never have known. Why didn't you tell me? I deserve to know, I was the one who told you he called," Hanlu complained between his heavy breaths. Meanwhile listening, Laotian internally sighed. He purposely didn't mention it to Hanlu because it was not like something that needed both their presence. Additionally, he didn't tell Tian Zi, the young Alpha must've known it through his own ways. It was not easy to hide something from him.

"It is unnecessary for you to come, Hanlu," Laotian said. Diego Bronson was picked up by their men, he was blindfolded all throughout the journey so it was sure that he came by himself and wasn't bugged. And surely Laotian doubted that Diego Bronson could fight all of them alone when the base was infested with highly skilled mercenaries. They did a background check of Diego Bronson and although he was on friendly terms with some of the Mafias in Austria and Italy, he was merely just a businessman. Aside from training how to shoot a gun and boxing as a hobby, he didn't have any background in fighting or had any real-life enemy encounters.

"What? Why? I was the one who was most inconvenienced by him and his wife, I deserve to at least hear what he had to say..." Hanlu yelled unhappily. He had a lot to say to his older brother but when Laotian raised his hand indicating for the younger Alpha to shut his mouth, Hanlu did so almost automatically.

"Fine, you two can come," Laotian said in the end, and without waiting for both Hanlu and Tian Zi's response, he proceeded to walk and trailed the way to where Diego Bronson should be waiting. Of course, not long after he left, the two quickly followed until they finally arrived by the door.

Since Diego Bronson was an enemy, even though he's alone, Laotian wasn't the kind to underestimate his enemy. He wasn't the kind to let his guard down just because the place was his territory so especially for today, security in the mansion was rather tight.