130 - Rescue David (2)

* * *

"My apologies Eldest Young Master, Second Young Master, you had to see me like this," David said as Hanlu supported his weakened body. Seeing this both Laotian and Hanlu frowned and didn't say anything right away. They just silently looked at him at first before Laotian extended his arm to pat the Old butler's thin shoulder.

"I won't ask anything for now," Laotian simply said before he also came to help David before they walked towards their service. David didn't say anything and just nodded. Of course he knew that he needed to explain. Probably by now both Laotian and Hanlu knew what was happening, he tried to stop it but it was too late. It pains him to see that his son was holding a grudge towards Laotian and Hanlu who he treated as his sons as well but he really couldn't blame anyone for this. This was his fault.

If someone was to ask if he regretted his life choices, David would definitely say he did but only the fact that he didn't take his son and divorced his wife. From the beginning, his relationship with his wife had already turned bad. Before he was hired in the Mo family his wife had been cheating on him, the things he couldn't give, she received from his lovers while he worked hard to earn a living for her and their future family. They were young and reckless and married very young, they had big dreams but unfortunately couldn't reach it.

The day he learned that his wife had been cheating on him, he was planning to divorce her, that day he didn't come home until a year had passed. He couldn't bring himself to go back with her when she had been sleeping with another man while with him. That time when he left he was homeless, jobless, and starving, but he still couldn't bring himself to go back with her. David almost lost all his hope when suddenly his benefactor, Mo Chendong, came to him and offered him a job. His life was doing well from then on until one day his wife who he hadn't seen for a year came to him with a child and claimed that it was his.

Of course David didn't believe at first but after the DNA test result came, he found out that the barely 1 year old Jordan was truly his. It turns out that she was pregnant when he left and tried to make someone take the responsibility however it didn't work so she came to him. David didn't know how she found him but at that moment he had mixed emotions, he didn't know what to do or feel. In the end, he tried to forgive his wife but he could never bring himself to love her back. He couldn't forgive her and even when she was dying, David still had a bitter heart no matter how much time had passed.

If only then he just said that he'll take the baby, none of this would have happened. In the end, his wife passed away without even properly apologizing to him and his only son who had no clue about the whole situation grew up planting a grudge in his heart and now he wouldn't even listen to his explanation.

"Clean this up," Laotian ordered looking at the mess in the area and then to Nigel as he stepped inside the car after David and Hanlu.

Nodding at brief command, Nigel closed the door for Laotian and later watched their vehicle drive away from the site. As soon as he couldn't see them anymore, he quickly called the men under his command as they started cleaning up the mess while calling all necessary services to help them cover up what just happened.

Meanwhile, inside the car, Hanlu, Laotian, and David remained silent until they finally arrived at the secret base. Aside from feeling weak and tired, David was especially embarrassed that an old man like him had caused so much trouble to the family he valued so much.

"The Doctor will arrive soon to treat you. Once you have rested enough, we'll need your explanation," Laotian said using his mundane expression although, despite that, he was quite worried for the Old butler since he wasn't young anymore.

Hearing the brief words, David didn't complain as he nodded weakly. That was what he was going to do anyway. His family matter had impacted the Mo Family so much. He needed to explain in the least since he wasn't able to stop his son from going berserk.