150 - I'm Okay

* * *

As soon as Daniel heard the doctor's words, it echoed in his mind like a broken cassette player before his sight suddenly turned dark, and fainted on Laotian's arms. He could not believe everything that he heard but he knew at the back of his mind that Ronald Ronner had really passed on. That he could never see him again like he thought he would when he learned of his existence. Even though he hasn't spent a lot of time with Ronald, the pain he was feeling was like when he had lost Luangmei, that he couldn't get a hold of himself and fainted.

Meanwhile, worried that Daniel had fainted, Laotian wanted to make sure nothing was wrong so he admitted him to the hospital. Thankfully nothing was found wrong. Daniel woke up a few minutes later and went back home after settling the documents. Daniel cried a few more times but after a day passed, he finally slowly accepted that Ronald Ronner had died.

They held a simple funeral catering to only a few people since Ronald Ronner had no close relatives or other families to go and visit his body. He had spent all his life working and growing the company his father left to him that he had never married. He also didn't have a close relationship with his remaining sibling, Susan Sullen, and niece, Daniella Sullen. He had a half-brother from his mother's second partner but Ronald never once met this person, the only relative that is close to him is Daniel and his children.

Of course, there were a couple of people who went and paid a visit, friends, and coworkers but that was just about it. A lawyer also came to visit and inform Daniel of Ronald's last will but at this point, Daniel didn't care. He didn't care about the money or some big corporate company, he didn't even know how to run a business so it was useless to him.

Meanwhile, knowing what was already written on the last will, Laotian asked the lawyer to postpone the reading at least until Daniel moved on from his mourning. The lawyer quickly understands and tells Laotian to contact him instead when they're ready.

* * *

The funeral only lasted 5 days before Ronald Ronner's remains were buried in the most exclusive cemetery in the city. Daniel cried one last time and once again promised himself that he will be stronger.

"Are you ready?" Laotian asked, putting his hands on Daniel's shoulders. They are standing in front of Ronald's grave. Everyone had left already but Daniel was still there to say his final goodbyes and of course, giving him privacy Laotian gave Daniel some space. He waited for him from afar and finally when 20 minutes had passed, Laotian had to come and remind Daniel that they cannot stay at the cemetery for too long.

"Hmmm, thanks for waiting for me, Laotian," Daniel said and turned around to give his husband a faint smile.

"It's nothing as long as it's for you," Laotian replied and kissed Daniel's temples. Not long after, they finally left the cemetery. When they arrived home Daniel rested for a bit and only wake up around 4 pm in the afternoon. He was in Laotian's embrace and as soon as he sat up, the Alpha woke up.

"What's the matter?" Laotian asked.

"Shouldn't we get ready?" Daniel asked remembering that tonight was Aidan's baby shower and they were invited.

"Are you sure you want to go? We can just send them our gift, Franco and his wife will understand," Laotian suggested. Despite acting strong as always, he knew Daniel was still mourning so no one would blame him if they decided to not attend the event. "You're not okay, Honey. You don't need to force yourself," Laotian added, his warm palm caressed Daniel's protruding belly.

"Laotian, I'm seriously okay. Yes, I'm still mourning but that's the more reason I needed to go. I don't want this to remain in me because I know Uncle wouldn't like that," Daniel assured and this time it was his time to caress the Alpha's cheek. "Besides, I've already called Aidan that we were going," Daniel added before pinching his husband's nose and letting go as it slightly turned red.