42 - The Scheme Just Started.

* * *

"Mo Estate." Veronica quickly said to the driver Laura Mo arranged for her as soon as she left the building. Ever since Mo Hanlu walked out last week when his mother announced that he was to marry Veronica no matter what, none of them had seen the Alpha. Laura Mo had called so many times but just four days ago, their calls never again went through.

Even though that time Mo Hanlu agreed that he was going to marry her. He never once approached her or talked to her about their baby. He was completely ignoring her, Veronica never expected such treatment because Hanlu used to be so kind to her. He was never cold to her like he was doing now.

She solely believed that if the Alpha knew that the baby was his, he would take care of her like he did before. But none of that happened.

Before, Veronica thought Hanlu liked her. However, now she knew that wasn't the case and that took a toll on her ego. The reason she agreed on this arrangement was that she was confident Hanlu liked her, even in just the tiniest bit. If this continues, won't she just end up like Mo Laotian's Omega wife? Staying at home, taking care of their child in the morning and husband at night? Everyday just like that?

No! Veronica would never allow that to happen. Even if she marries into the Mo Family, being a housewife was not in her plan. She never even thought of taking care of the baby herself. She was hoping to let the nannies take care of it while she continued to be the star that she was.

That was the whole purpose of why she wanted to marry in the Mo Family. She wanted to use her background to her advantage in the entertainment industry. She wanted to become famous still, projects left and right but now, things weren't going her way. She had no time for children.

She was hoping Hanlu would give their baby a bit of attention, even if not her. But Hanlu wasn't, even though he said he was going to take responsibility. He didn't even care if the baby was healthy or not, whether it had two legs and two arms. Hanlu was entirely cold to her and their baby.

Nodding at Veronica's request, the driver started the engine. Veronica remained silent in the car thinking how she was going to convince Laura Mo to let her act. Days ago, the woman hinted to her that she didn't want her acting in the meantime because it would stress her out.

Veronica tried to change the subject at that time, convincing Laura that she liked acting and that she would be extra careful but clearly, the woman was not convinced seeing that she was now being pulled out in her movie. And so now, she will have to ask the woman to let her because she had nothing to do anyway.

While Veronica was thinking about how to perform later at the mansion, her cell phone suddenly rang. When she looked at her mobile phone, she was shocked to see Remi Long's caller Id flashed on the screen. Without delay, Veronica quickly accepted the call.

"Hello, Vicky?" As soon as Veronica accepted the call, Remi's voice rang from the other line.

"Remi? Where were you? I have been reaching out for you for weeks and you only called me now. I know I was wrong but was ignoring me really that necessary?" Veronica rushed to say frowning. For days she had been worried if Remi had been exposing her secret to the public but seeing that she wasn't, Veronica was kinda relieved.

"I'm sorry Vicky. I had a minor accident and been staying in the hospital for a week. I was advised by the doctor not to use cell phone device while I'm healing and so I was only able to call you now," Remi explained sounding weak that Veronica quickly believed.

"What? Where are you now? I'll go and see you right away." Veronica quickly said, sounding worried but of course, Remi was not convinced since she never asked her if she was okay. Normally, if people were really worried, the first thing they would ask should be, are you okay? Nevertheless, Remi continued on her act and told Veronica where she was.