55 - Felt Extremely Poor

* * *

"Sir, it has been more than a week. We still can't find Mewt; it's most likely that he had failed his mission." The woman in a tight jet black bodysuit reported. Yesterday they were supposed to meet up with the man at the gallery so they could get the file they first agreed on but now he was nowhere to be found. Instead, they witnessed something interesting yesterday.

"Hmmm," The man hummed in agreement. Mewt was someone he trusted well, the man does his job quite well and if he didn't come to their meeting place then he was most likely captured by Mo Laotian's men. If Mo Laotian indeed had Mewt, then their existence must've been now known.

"Then I guessed its game over," The man uttered looking at an empty space.

"Game over? Not quite, sir, they wouldn't be able to find anything from Mewt," the woman suggested knowing that Mewt was mute. No matter how Mo Laotian torture the man he won't speak, they won't gather any information from him.

"No. It's game over. Mo Laotian is a cautious man; one week is already long enough. They must've known my identity by now." He said and just thinking of the thrill he might get after this long chase, his blood suddenly boiled in excitement. It was just a shame that the enemy caught on faster than he expected just when they just started showing themselves.

"H-How about Veronica Chime, sir?" The woman asked, suddenly taken aback after her boss declared game over. They had been secretly following Mo Empire's movement for the past two years and his boss said game over just like that? It was quite upsetting.

"Are you questioning my decision?" Feeling as the woman's reluctance, the man finally gazed at her with his icy glares making her stand straight in fear.

"Of course not sir,"

"Good." The man replied. He then got back to looking at the empty space and added again,

"That actress is a lost cost. The Mos probably knew someone was manipulating her but she would have truly become a waste if we don't use her to cause a commotion."

"Tell her, her cover had been blown." The Man simply ordered and the woman nodded obediently. The man then smiled thinking of the commotion the woman might make; it would either go on with the initial plot or she would cower back and disappear from the Mos' sight. Either way, the man was sure it would be quite an interesting show.

* * *

Arriving at the private estate unnoticed to the public eye, Mo Hanlu opened his side of the door wanting to quickly offer his hand to his wife to welcome him to his humble home but as he was doing so, he quickly frowns seeing Henry opening the car door at the other side of the car and helped Ian get off.

"This is daddy's house?" Lan asked in amazement holding on to the hand he thought his father offered for him. The little man had his eyes open wide looking at the massive house that he had only seen on TV.

Hearing his son's question, Hanlu nodded yes as he lifted him up on his arms but not before glaring at Henry for snatching his spot again.

He should have been the one to open the door and held Ian's hand because he was Ian's husband but Henry beat him at it again. Hanlu quickly walked towards Ian and pulled him close to his body before scuffing at Henry.

"Hands off. He's mine," Hanlu glared at Henry who just smirked and stepped back from Ian. He enjoyed teasing Hanlu but he would step aside when the Alpha told him to. He was after all still just a butler.

"Luu, do you think everything is a competition?" Ian frowned seeing Hanlu barking at Henry again. The Alpha had been like that since yesterday; Ian thought it would naturally end after a day or so but it had been a day now and Hanlu was still the same. If it wasn't because Henry was Ian's doctor and Mo Chendong entrusted him both Ian and Lan, Hanlu would have left the Alpha at the white villa.