141 - Our Story

* * *

After Joshua Bronson introduced himself and hinted to everyone that he had a special guest artist that helped him with the gallery, the bidding quickly started after a performance from a rising young singer.

As the audience got fired up, Laotian monotonously watched the event as it goes, and even though he hates to admit but he does appreciate talent. There was no doubt Joshua Bronson was a talented painter. His art was beautiful and conveyed different emotions. Each canvas represents something depending on the person looking and comprehending the art. Laotian wasn't an art enthusiast but he could at least draw something out of the arts presented on stage, although not enough for him to raise his number to bid for it.

Laotian was slowly turning impatient but he had nothing else better to do than pay attention as he regretted coming so early. He thought he had come at the right time, alas now he realized he was punctual.

Extending his patience a little bit more, finally, the said highlight of the event was soon to be presented.

"The last piece of paintings tonight was painted by a new artist discovered by Mr. Joshua Bronson himself. He had years of experience in arts but this will be the first time he has let anyone see his art," The auctioneer started with a smile. And as Laotian listened, a soft smile flashed on his lips. Indeed, Daniel didn't show his art to anyone because he was too shy, all this time he was the Omega's only audience and his number one fan. This simple fact was something intimate for Laotian and if he was to decide he wanted to stay like that forever but he knew Daniel had dreams, and he would stop at nothing to make his beloved dreams come true.

Even if he had to share something that he finds intimate to the world, as long as it could draw the brightest and sweetest smiles on Daniel's lips, Laotian was prepared to tolerate anything.

"The painter wanted to hide his identity thus we only knew him in his initials D and M. Only Mr. Bronson himself knew his real identity," The auctioneer said again before a 3 meters wide and 1 meter tall backdrop was placed in front of the stage.

"This painting is not like everyone had seen before, it tells a story of two souls. A sad beginning and a happy ending, finding happiness in each other's arms. It was a lovely story that any art enthusiast or collectors would want," The auctioneer continued to say. He said more seasoned words until finally calling Joshua Bronson to the stage again to have the honor to reveal the art to the audience.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you tonight's highlights. The painting is titled by its artist as, Our Story," The auctioneer said at last and on cue, Joshua Bronson pulled the white cloth that was covering the painting that was hanging on the backdrop.

The moment the painting was revealed to the crowd, everyone went ohs and ahs. The art enthusiasts especially gasped in astonishment, even though it was well said that the mysterious painter was a newbie, they could feel the emotions put into the art. There were three paintings on the stage next to each other. Each canvas has a theme in it if you look at it individually but to put it together, there was obviously a story behind it. It is a story so touching that some of the passionate ones were brought into tears.

Meanwhile, at the same time, the moment Laotian laid his eyes on the paintings, his heart quickly skipped a beat. He felt so overwhelmed that his eyes felt warm. Despite not a single tear stream down, Laotian's heart was pounding vigorously. Among anyone in the area, he was the one who knew full well what was the story behind the paintings because it was their story. The story of their love.

The first and the last painting presented Daniel and him alone in this dark and cruel world. The first painting that obviously represented Daniel has all but dark shades blended into a beautiful art of a human figure sitting on something withering. The shapes weren't distinct so if you don't look closely you would notice that there was a human figure on the art. The dark shade almost formed a withered flower, giving off the message that the delicate figure in the painting had lived in suffering.