105 - The One Who's Protected

* * *

"This is my fault," Daniel mumbled to himself again while his body started trembling. His past memories flashed back into his mind and he couldn't stop himself from feeling terrified. Lan was only eight but he had this kind of experience already. Back then, when Daniel was kidnapped, he thought he was going to die, and thinking that Lan was now in the same situation, he couldn't stop himself from feeling terrified for Lan.

Still sobbing as he tried suppressing himself, Daniel watched Luangmin's unconscious figure. He was thankful enough that his son was saved. "Don't worry, Mommy will definitely protect you," Daniel whispered as he wiped his tears and then caressed Luangmin's hair and cheeks. Suddenly, the door of the car was opened again by April. She was about to say something but when she saw Daniel crying, she halted a bit before she cleared her voice.

"Back up will arrive soon with Old Master Chen, someone will come and check Young Master Luangmin's condition as well. Anyway, until then, I need you to stay here and protect him but as soon as things get dangerous, Ryan will be driving you home whether you like it or not." April said pointing at Daniel's bodyguard. Nodding as he understood the situation, Daniel wiped his tears forcing himself to act strong, making April sigh.

"I can't tell you not to worry but I promise you that I will be saving Young Master Lan at the stake of my own life," April assured him. Daniel chewed on his lips, preventing his bawls from coming out as he nodded. Seeing this, April once again closed the door before she faced Ryan.

"Protect them properly, don't let Master Daniel out of the car and when things get dangerous drive him back as soon as possible." April instructed.

"Yes, Three," the bodyguard replied before he proceeded to get inside the driver's seat. After that, April left to where the other bodyguard was. As far as she analyzed, the person they are looking for is working alone. It should be easy to corner him as long as they find out who he was.

Meanwhile, Daniel continued to sob, caressing his son's hair and praying that everything will turn out fine. He knew that was too good to be true in their situation now, but he was hoping that a God is listening now and grants his wish just this once. He wasn't a religious person, he doesn't regularly go to church to pray but he does believe there was a God out there that would listen and occasionally grant wishes.

"W-Where is April going, Ryan?" Daniel asked his bodyguard and driver, wiping away his tears. He watched April's figure disappear back into the school building earlier. She said so herself that it was dangerous but why was she not with him in the car.

"No need to worry about Three, Master Daniel. She's stronger than you think she is," Ryan replied.

"What are you saying? She's so small. Anyone could just push her back and she would break her ankle," Daniel said worriedly. April was literally just 5'4, she was way smaller than his 5'7 and he was inside the car.

"Please trust Three, Master Daniel. She won't be hurt," Ryan replied with a smile, looking at Daniel from the rearview.

"E-Even if you say that..." Daniel said but wasn't able to finish when his mobile phone suddenly started ringing. When he looked at his mobile phone, Lan's number flashed on the screen that he didn't think twice before he accepted it.

"Make sure no one else is listening," Daniel was just about to ask where Lan was when an unfamiliar voice talked.

"W-Who is this?" Daniel asked even though he already has someone in mind.

"Who I am doesn't matter. I have Lancel Mo with me now, too bad I couldn't take your son as well," The unfamiliar voice said. He sounded threatening at first then later disappointed. Hearing this, Daniel was horrified as he quickly confirmed that the man he was talking to now was the person who kidnapped Lan.