95 - No More Secrets

* * *

"How was your sleep?" Laotian asked in monotone but his voice was still filled with tenderness, as he always had when talking to Daniel.

He was now standing near his hotel's glass window, looking at the night view of the city. Botswana is ahead 9 hours, it should be around lunch time on Daniel's side. Laotian always makes time around this hour to call Daniel everyday, because he knew Daniel can't answer in the morning when the Omega was still asleep. It's already almost 9 pm on his side, but that's fine with Laotian because he always sleeps late. Mainly because he still works at night.

However, earlier this evening, as he was busy with his files waiting for the right time to call Daniel, a call from the person he put in charge of guarding Daniel suddenly flashed on the screen of his mobile phone.

Finding it unusual, Laotian accepted the call, wondering what could have happened because he did not expect any report from the man around this time of the day. The report usually comes around the end of the day and usually there were no urgent reports that needed to be given to him immediately. In any case, there was actually nothing to report to him, at least not in the last 2 years since he hired the man and his team to guard Daniel.

Daniel was never the kind to leave the house to go and hang around his friends. He never goes shopping because he never felt the need to do so. Even when he ran out of his art materials, Laotian found someone to supply the Omega with his needs on a monthly basis, so he didn't need to leave the house and do it himself. The only time Daniel truly goes out was when they have their habitual dinner out with Luangmin or occasionally just the two of them. And in those cases, there was no need to report to Laotian because he was already with Daniel.

However, earlier when the head security in charge of Daniel called him, Laotian didn't expect the man would report that his beloved wife had gone out at 7:45 in the morning to visit a man named Joshua Bronson. When Laotian heard the name, his eyes quickly turned sharp. His blood was boiling in anger thinking of the things the man could do to his wife, alarm bells rang in his ears knowing that Joshua Bronson might be connected to his enemy.

He was itching to quickly go back but he couldn't. He hasn't even started with the actual job he needed to do in the country. He can't go back. The only thing he could do while away was to order his men to tighten the security. He was also glad to find out that his father was kind enough to let him borrow one of his elite assassins to guard Daniel by stealthily blending in.

"I dreamt of you just yesterday." Daniel chatted with a pinkish tint on his cheeks. He rolled on top of his bed where Laotian usually slept and inhaled its scent. It had been two days since the Alpha left, so there was still a faint smell of the Alpha left on the sheets. It was one of the reasons that, even though Laotian was away, Daniel could still feel as if the Alpha's warmth was wrapped around him.

"How about you, Laotian? How is your work going?" Daniel added, his heart pounded in both pain and excitement. He felt pain because he knew that Laotian can't come home yet. He misses him so much that even if he did his best to distract himself the whole day to forget the Alpha was away, unfortunately, everything he does reminded him of Laotian. And so now that he's talking to the Alpha, he feels excitement as it always is towards Laotian.

"I'm going to meet an important person tomorrow in the morning," Laotian replied with a gentle tone. Deep inside he wanted to ask Daniel about what his men reported to him but at the same time he didn't want Daniel to feel that he was restricting him, because he would never do that. All he wanted was for Daniel to be happy and he would do anything to fulfill that.

"Really? That's good, I hope it goes well. I'll be praying for your business transaction."

"Thank you. How about you? Has anything happened today so far?" Laotian asked. he guessed Daniel would probably lie to him, since the Omega didn't mention yesterday when they talked that he was going to meet Joshua Bronson. But Laotian was still hoping the Omega would be honest with him. It's not that he would get mad as long as Daniel was safe.