91 - New Friend

* * *

"Darling, you're early today. Are you going somewhere?" Laura Mo quickly asked, seeing Daniel walking to the dining table to eat breakfast early with the rest of the family dressed formally. For the last two days, Daniel woke up around 9-10 am in the morning so she thought that's the Omega's current routine, but today she was surprised to see Daniel awake at 7 am.

"Hmmm yes, I'm heading out to meet a friend today," Daniel replied with a smile, sitting in his designated chair. Hearing Daniel's reply, Laura and Chendong looked at each other, surprised again because for the last 2 and half years since they've known Daniel, they've never heard the Omega initiate going out to meet a friend.

"Oh really? That's good then, are you bringing Minmin with you?"

"Oh no, Mother. I-I have to trouble you with Minmin today," Daniel replied, suddenly realizing that he had no one else to take care of Luangmin, aside from the babysitter, and as much as possible Daniel didn't want that. He wants at least one family member to go check on the child to make sure he was doing fine.

"I-Is that okay? I won't be long," Daniel added, worried that his in-laws are too busy today.

"Of course Darling, we will take care of Minmin. Just make sure to have fun, okay?" Laura smiled. Of course, she was never busy when it came to Luangmin, the same with Mo Chendong. And even if they were busy, they would surely find ways to free up their schedule just to take care of Luangmin, because usually, they couldn't do that as much as they wanted to. Besides, this is Daniel's chance to enjoy his own time, especially now that Laura noticed the Omega being slightly down with Laotian away. The separation would last at least a month, so it's good that Daniel was finding ways to distract himself.

"Thank you, Mother, Father," Daniel smiled in relief, holding his chest. If he was not pregnant and barely able to carry his stomach, he would have no problem bringing Luangmin with him. But now that he's further along and with how heavy his stomach was, he had to leave Luangmin in the house.

"Are you meeting a college friend?" Laura chatted while Daniel was having his table prepared for him to eat breakfast along with Mo Chendong and Laura.

"Oh no, remember Mr. Joshua Bronson? The one who came to visit me at the hospital? I'm meeting him and his manager today. We'll talk about an art collaboration happening next month. He was generous enough to let an amateur like me take up three slots in his upcoming event, so I need to go meet them to discuss the arrangement," Daniel replied excitedly. This was his way of distracting himself from missing Laotian too much. He will do his best so that when Laotian comes back, the Alpha will be proud of him.

"I remember him. I'm so proud of you, Darling, but does Laotian know about this?" Laura asked, remembering how Joshua Bronson flirted with Daniel during his visit. Unfortunately, Daniel was too dense to read the signals.

"Yes, we've talked about it," Daniel replied with a smile, but then when he realized he was actually not allowed to meet the man upfront, he quickly felt guilty and he started fidgeting.

"Oh, then that's good. Please enjoy yourself,"

"I'll arrange someone to accompany you, it'll put you at ease if you have someone to assist you," Mo Chendong suddenly said. He already guessed Laotian might have had someone to follow Daniel at all costs, but it's still different if Daniel has someone like a companion that's always near him in case something happens.

"Oh no, it's okay Father, Laotian already hired bodyguards for me. I don't want to bother anyone as well," Daniel quickly attempted to decline. Even though he's pregnant, he was still capable of taking care of himself, so he didn't see the need to bother anyone else.