140 - Opening

* * *

7 pm, the night was still too young to be calling it a day as the music rang across the event hall and attendants pacing around serving and collecting out the empty utensils. More than a month ago, a program like this was held at the same hall as an invite-only event. The said event was supposed to be a test to see the success rate of a possible debut however none have thought that it would be a huge success, raising a fund of more than 10 million dollars in a single night.

Additionally, although the event was private, the artist Joshua Bronson who was a famous European painter became famous in the country as well because of that. Artists, specifically painters, get little to no attention from the media unlike in the art industry unless one was a cancer survivor, or maybe helped put out the wildfires in the country or even helped to save endangered species. It was a sad reality but unless it could move the viewers' hearts, a supposedly famous artist like Joshua Bronson would have never had the chance to be broadcast on TV even if there was a bribe.

That's just how it was in the entertainment industry but Joshua Bronson was truly lucky, whether it was because the reporters needed something as a cover-up why they came that day and accidentally harmed the doted and pregnant wife of Mo Laotian, Daniel Sullen Mo, that doesn't matter. Because of all the hype, the event today was bustling with people sitting high in the society.

"Hey, are you sure it's okay for you to be here? You told your husband you're here right?" Joshua nagged, putting his hands on his sides before sighing in frustration. Even though he was friends with the Omega and might have flirted with him before, he still didn't want to be on his older brother's bad side.

"It's fine, so relax. Something happened to the company in Arizona so he won't be back until tomorrow. I'm so bored at home, can't you let me enjoy this event? I'm only here for the food," Jordan replied, smiling eerily.

"In short, he didn't know that you're here?" Joshua asked, feeling even more frustrated.

"What does it matter?? It's not like I'm doing trouble," Jordan stubbornly said. Just as he was able to sneak out, he can't afford to let chance slide especially when there is a chance where he can meet Daniel Mo again tonight and finish what he was supposed to do this time.

"It does matter to me. I can't cause trouble today, my career will depend on it... ahh whatever, just stay put and don't do anything stupid," Joshua said at the end looking at his brother-in-law leisurely eating snacks in the staff room before he decided to leave and let the Omega be. He was never going to win against Jordan anyway so it was worthless to talk to him.

Watching his back as he disappeared behind the door, Jordan's smile became even wider. He promised that once he fulfills his mission tonight, he will finally listen to his husband and silently hide until their baby is out. Of course, this is if Daniel Mo attends tonight. After the incident where he unintentionally poisoned the future heirs of the Mo household, it has been difficult to find the Omegas location. In addition to that their movements become limited so they couldn't conduct further investigation. But if chances that the Omega comes he will not hesitate and strike.

Knowing that his enemies were starting to enjoy life again, made him feel so annoyed. Even more so when he couldn't do anything about it. Thankfully, Joshua's event came and Diego is coincidentally away. And although the raid they did in Africa was unsuccessful, he believed that Mo Laotian was now still hiding, maybe even fighting for his life. If the Omega comes tonight, his plan will go on smoothly.

There was no better chance than this time, it's like the Gods above were giving him this golden chance. Daniel Mo might have a few guards with him, Jordan is well aware it won't be easy but surely with his preparation, he will succeed.