52 - A Changed Man

* * *

"Hey, I came right away when I heard. Are you okay?" George Sullen said putting the things he brought at the table next to Daniel's bed before he glanced at Daniel with genuine concern. After he gave up everything and accepted the things that he didn't before, he felt a lot lighter and happier.

He still regretted the things he had done before and he's trying his best to make up with his mistakes especially to his only son, Daniel.

Thankfully after coming clean to Daniel and asking for forgiveness at his wedding almost two years ago, Daniel forgave him and now they are occasionally calling each other like the father and son that they are. He knew Daniel's husband, Mo Laotian, still felt suspicious of him but he understood because what he did before was unforgivable. But he was really trying and genuinely changed now.

That's why earlier when his father called and told him what had happened, he quickly came rushing to check Daniel's situation. Actually, he arrived more than 20 minutes ago but he knew his older brother and nephews were in the room visiting Daniel as well. He hasn't seen them since Daniel's wedding and he knew well enough that them seeing each other again will only cause an awkward situation so George decided to wait for them to leave.

"I'm Okay Dad. Laotian was here and he took care of me well." Daniel replied with a gentle smile. He could feel the concern his biological father has and that warmed his heart. Daniel was really glad he decided to forgive him and ever since then his father had been doing his best to make up for him.

"That's great. How about my grandchildren? Are they fine?" George asked as he sat on the bed to caress Daniel's face. His heart quickly softened when he realized how this son of his reminded him so much of his mother. Because his mother died when she gave birth to him, George didn't know what she looked like. His older brother mocked him because of it even when he was the one who murdered her.

As a little kid, George did blame himself because he didn't understand so many things compared to when he was older. Their father also kept all the things that would remind them of their mother including clothes and photos thinking it would be for the best for his sons, however, because of that, George couldn't see his mother's face for the longest time until he turned eight.

It was only when he turned eight that his father finally decided to introduce her to him.

George cried so much that day. His father gave him her mother's photo and until now, he took care of that photo like his treasure. And now that he had a closer look at Daniel, now that all his bitterness and hatred are finally gone, he could see the resemblance Daniel has to his mother.

He finally understood why his father favored Daniel among his grandchildren, as someone who missed his mother despite not knowing her, George would have done the same if he wasn't blinded by the hatred he planted in himself all his life.

"The doctor said they're fine but I can't check out yet. They still need to monitor the twins and my condition. If they remained stable throughout my recovery I will be able to go home." Daniel replied as he caressed his bulging stomach. He was truly glad nothing serious happened to his babies. If something did happen he wouldn't know what he would do.

"That's good. Recover your health quickly." George sighed in relief and this time his hand caressed Daniel's soft hair. "I brought your favorite, or at least your favorite when you were younger." George laughed awkwardly as he removed his palms away from Daniel because he didn't even know what Daniel liked.

His focus had always been on Daniella before because he was obsessed with wanting to surpass his older brother through his daughter. But one time, he saw Daniel eating something his wife, Susan, had bought for Daniella without knowing. He ate half of it and his wife found out somehow.