43 - Playing her Own Game.

* * *

Veronica stared at the man in shock, she unconsciously held her stomach in horror before she mumbled a name, "E-Ethan?!" Veronica mumbled and even slightly trembled but as soon as she uttered the word, she quickly covered her mouth hoping none of the two heard what she just said. Unfortunately, it was too late. Both Remi and Jonathan heard her clearly.

"Oh, This Ethan? Do I really look like him?" The man asked with a thick European accent chuckling as he looked at Veronica. Veronica awkwardly smiled at the man before she said slightly.

"Hmm, Remi called me Ethan too when we first met." The man said before he walked towards Remi on the bed. He quickly bends down to her and catches her lips for a good few seconds before he lets go. Veronica saw all of this and she even feels more awkward just standing there looking at the two.

"Seriously, stop," Remi whined blushing and actually pushed the man and covered her mouth in shock. She was not expecting that kiss to happen. They've already talked about this before they even started this act.

"Still shy as ever, I see," Jonathan said and pinched Remi's nose before he turned around again to face Veronica.

"So, this is the famous Veronica Chime? Hmm, I see why a man like Mo Hanlu would want to marry you." Jonathan commented sitting beside Remi who still couldn't believe she just kissed this man in front of Veronica.

"But this Ethan? Is he as handsome as me? I'm sure he's not right?" Jonathan laughed. Remi and Veronica just listened and didn't even reply.

Indeed, compared to Ethan Morris, Jonathan Wood was more proper. He had class surrounding him even though he just walked into the room for a minute now. Even as he sat on the chair next to Remi's bed, Veronica couldn't deny he had the noble air around him. Something not easy to attain unless you're born with it.

Clearly, this man was not Ethan Morris, because Ethan Morris was dead.

Additionally, this man slightly looked different than Ethan because he had a finer jawline and slightly thicker eyebrows. Although of the same height, Jonathan had a bigger body built. Even more so, he had that authentic European accent compared with Ethan who was thinner and had that pure English accent.

"Yeah, Yeah. You're handsome. Anyway, Vicky. I'm very sorry. This is Jonathan Wood and as you can see, he's currently my boyfriend. He looks very similar to Ethan even though I was fooled once. But he's very nice so I know you two will get along. I hope with this, you won't get worried anymore." Remi said, forcing a smile on her lips while introducing Jonathan.

And just as expected Veronica suddenly went pale remembering Ethan Morris, she held onto her stomach again before she quickly excused herself.

"Uhmm, Can you excuse me for a minute?" She said and went to the toilet room locking herself. As soon as Veronica left, Remi then glanced at Jonathan and threw the pillow next to her.

"We clearly had an agreement that's strictly no kissing," Remi growled silently so Veronica won't be able to hear her talking. Even though this man looked exactly like Ethan, that doesn't mean she would easily fall for him.

Jonathan was the man Mo Tian Zi arranged to be her bodyguard. However, in order to be low profile, they decided to act as a couple. And since they needed a reason why she had gone missing, they plotted a story, and yesterday, she had been in this room waiting for the right moment.

It was risky but it's also a way of reminding Veronica of what she did to Ethan. This was all Mo Tian Zi's plot. Since Veronica likes to act so much, he was planning to beat Veronica in her own game. It amazed Remi how Mo Tian Zi thought things through and even more surprised when the young man managed to find someone so similar to Ethan Morris.