155 - Away From the Spotlight

* * *

More than 5 hours after giving birth to the twins, Daniel finally woke up. He slowly opened his eyes, he could hear silent voices somewhere in the room and he knew immediately it was his family so he smiled looking at his side only to see Laotian working on his iPad. Daniel observes his husband at first and he couldn't help but feel overwhelmingly happy that he started crying. Laotian quickly noticed him so he hurriedly neared Daniel and held his cheeks.

"Honey, why are you crying? Are you in pain?" Laotian asked in a hurry, quickly catching everyone's attention.

"Hmmmn, I-I'm just happy you're here. I thought I was hallucinating," Daniel said and chewed on his lips, trying to prevent his cries. When everyone heard his explanation, they all heaved a huge sigh before a relief smile formed on their lips.

"Of course, I promised to be with you always," Laotian said and kissed Daniel's forehead.

"Thank you, Laotian," Daniel said tenderly. He was really thankful that he was blessed with such a loving and caring husband. As well as very supportive family members that love him so much.

"And the twins?" Daniel finally asked again, looking around. He guessed his babies should be with the nurse being taken care of but he still wanted to ask.

"The twins are safe and healthy but they need to be in the incubator because they're 2 weeks early. There is no problem with them so you don't have to worry," Laotian explained while the others listened.

"Hmmm, I understand, Laotian. I'm happy that they're safe," Daniel smiled in relief. Actually, he was worried because he thought he did badly when he was giving birth. He remembered fainting while doing it due to the pain and exhaustion so he didn't think the twins came out of him safely. Thankfully they are and now he is happy and fulfilled.

"Don't worry, Darling. The doctor already gave us permission to transfer the twins here later so you can see them every day until you're all healed. Luangmin will also come and stay with you tomorrow, I'm sure he missed you already," Laura interrupted. Since it is difficult to bring Luangmin to the hospital earlier when Daniel was just about to give birth, they appointed a temporary nanny to take care of him and Lan for a while. They were planning to bring him to the hospital later on but since it's already late, they've decided to bring the child tomorrow instead.

"Minmin is a good boy and his cousin is with him so I'm sure he isn't lonely. As for the twins, you can feed them later when it's time so all you have to do is focus on your recovery," Diane said and neared Daniel. She was really proud of Daniel for giving birth safely to the twins because if it was her, she doubted she would have done it as good as her son knowing that her only child had died before he could even see the world. For someone like her who couldn't even bear a child after that one time, seeing Daniel having his precious babies was like the happiest for her because she knew as a mother, nothing in the world could make one as happy as giving birth to their child.

"Thanks, Mommy, Mother, and everyone, for supporting me and Laotian on this journey. I know this wasn't the end so I'm hoping that you'll still be with me as our family grows," Daniel said, making everyone smile again and later continuing to praise and congratulate the two with the new members of the family. And after the whole congratulating session, each one of them finally bid their farewells because it had been more than 10 hours since they've been in the hospital and they needed to rest as well.

"Darling, Chen, and I will be going now. We'll be back tomorrow to visit you and the twins with your grandfather and Minmin," Laura said after Diane and Armand had left since their place is a little further and they came in a rush earlier, to which Daniel replied with a slight nod. Since Elder Sullen hasn't fully recovered from his illness, it is easy for him to catch sickness so he wasn't allowed to stay in the hospital for too long where all kinds of viruses could lurk around and attack his immune system. Daniel understood that and as long as the Elder knew that he and the twins were fine, he wasn't worried that the Elder would overthink too much and hurt himself again.