36- Heavy Heart,

* * *

"I think we should get inside now. It's starting to get cold outside." Henry suggested feeling the breeze starting to get colder. Since the place was built on the cliff, it really tends to get colder by the afternoon and evening.

"Oh yeah. I think that's a good idea too." Ian agreed softly.

"Eh, I don't want to. Lan wanna play more." the little kid strongly disagreed. Ian helplessly sighs and rubs his little head.

"Don't you feel cold?" He asked and Lan shook his head saying he's not. Ian touched his cheeks and he knew immediately the little man was lying since his cheek was freezing cold.

"How about I'll ask the chef to make pizza? Will you go inside?" Henry bribed. Lan almost instantly gawks at him with his eyes wide.

"Really?" The little man asked in surprise. Ian sighs at this because it's not always he let Lan eat pizza since it's junk food and unhealthy. On a normal basis, he feeds him fruits or foods with lots of protein and healthy carbohydrates. 

"Yeah. You can eat pizza if we go inside now." Ian confirmed which made the little man perk up from his squatting position and throw his arms around his mother.

"Yey, I wanna eat pizza!!!" Lan agreed happily. With Henry helping Ian up, the three of them soon left the garden and into the white house. At the same time, Hanlu who had been staring at their figures since earlier never removed his eyes from where they disappeared. He gulps down the hard liquor he had gotten from the mini-refrigerator available in the master's bedroom and slams the glass on top of the flat surface of the furniture beside him.

After a couple of minutes still staring. He finally decided to withdraw with a sigh. Emotions filled his heart and mind -relief, doubt, anger, and jealousy- clouded his thoughts. 

Doubt because he doubted himself. Will Ian talk to him? Will he listen to him? Will he be able to make Ian happy? Will he be able to keep him from hurting again? 

All this filled his mind but at the same time, he was relieved he found them finally. After one week of narrowing down all the places leading to the place Tian Zi had suggested to him. He was planning to go in the opposite direction if he doesn't find Ian by the end of the week but thankfully he found them. 

However, upon seeing them. Hanly couldn't help but feel bitter and jealous seeing his family was with another man. He was gone for not more than 8 days and now Ian was warming up with another man?

Hanlu, of course, knew the man Ian was with and he knew his father appointed him to help and take care of his family but seeing them so happy together he couldn't stop feeling insecure. Questions once again flooded his thoughts. Seeing those peaceful smiles on his lovers' lips. Hanlu wondered if it was right for him to chase after Ian.

Sighing again. Hanlu went for the shower and tried to calm himself. He had obvious bags under his eyes and despite his handsome features, it was easy to tell that he had not been sleeping properly for at least a week by how haggard he looked.

The rumor about him marrying Veronica Chime had spread the country like a plague. He was sure the news had long reached Ian. Hanlu had been receiving calls from his mother and other members of the family but he didn't want to talk to any of them, especially to his mother who forced him to marry Veronica.

Dunking his head into the water, Hanlu didn't move for a while. He closed his eyes thinking. Wondering what he should do now that he had found them. 

After long minutes in the shower, Hanlu finally finished wearing his robe and walked out of the shower. He trailed the way towards the window again and stared at the well-lit white house. It didn't take a few minutes when he detected a shadow on one of the windows that seemed to be the master bedroom.