117- No Time For Regret

* * *

"Daniel, the nurse who will help you with your bath is here. You should take a bath now, breakfast is ready so we'll eat after you're done," Daniel just about to open the plastic cover of the sandwich he gave to Minmin when Laura suddenly arrived holding her paper bags. The nurse who she was talking about was following her back and when Daniel saw the nurse, he blushed remembering the familiar Beta. She was the same nurse who took care of him last time and the one who heard him and Laotian having sex in the bathroom.

"Sir Daniel, you'll be in my care again this time," She said with a smile.

"Y-Yes, p-please take care of me again this time, Amalia," Daniel replied with a shy blush on his cheeks.

"Ah, what is that?" Walking deeper, Laura quickly noticed the food on Luangmin's hands and she quickly frowned. Ever since Daniel and Minmin started living in the Mo Estate again, Laura had a very big contribution on Luangmin's weight as she kept feeding the little man the food and snacks she made and so seeing this beloved grandchildren of her taking food that wasn't coming from her slightly made her upset especially when it looked like it's from a convenience store where food is processed and might also be dirty.

"Oh, that's a sandwich given to me by another patient at the garden earlier. I wasn't hungry so I planned to eat it later but then Minmin wants to eat it with his cousin Lan so I gave it to them," Daniel explained leisurely as he walked towards the bathroom with Amalia.

"Darling, you shouldn't feed Luangmin from a convenience store where we're not sure if it's clean or not," Laura lectured, but she sounded a little bit pouting. "Besides, I brought a lot again this time, I don't want Lan and Minmin losing their appetite with that," Laura added. Daniel blinked his eyes a little, although he disagreed about food from the convenience store being dirty, he's happy that his mother-in-law is so overprotective of her grandchildren although she had an ulterior motive of feeding her own food and maybe aiming to have chubby grandchildren.

"Okay Mother, I understand. I'll eat the sandwich instead since it's given to me," Daniel said with a soft chuckle.

"That's even more unacceptable, you need good and proper nutrition not some junk food. If Diane is here, she'll also agree with me," Laura insisted, making Daniel chuckle. Who would call a tuna sandwich a junk food?

"Don't worry Mother, it's just one sandwich. I'll make sure to eat all the food you prepare for me as well," Daniel assured, giving Laura no choice but to nod. Having that topic resolved, Daniel and the Beta nurse proceeded to the bathroom to take his morning shower.

"Minmin, you can't eat this. Instead, Grandma will give you an even more delicious food," Laura bribed and extended her hand, urging the little man to give him the convenience store product. However instead of obeying, Luangmin pouted, an adorable frown formed on his flawless forehead before he hid the food behind him.

"No! Minmin eat food Mommy gave," the little guy whined and ran towards Lan's back to hide. Lan especially found this cute so he quickly wanted to defend his little cousin.

"Grandma, can you give this to Minmin just this once? Don't worry, if Minmin loses his appetite, I'll eat his share for him," Lan said with a soft smile on his lips. He felt good that Luangmin was depending on him so there was no way he wouldn't defend and protect him.

Hearing the request from Lan, Laura had no choice again. If she insisted, sure the two years old would cry in a tantrum. "Okay, just this once okay?" Laura agreed in the end and rubbed on Lan's hair. "Let me open it for you, Minmin," Laura offered. Luangmin hesitated at first but Lan assured him so he gave his food to his grandma before he started munching on the bread sharing it with Lan. And since it was only one sandwich, they finished it quickly without anything left.