34- Meeting 2

* * *

"I can't believe Vicky would go to such lengths for her ambitions. I overestimated her, she was actually this kind of person." Remi uttered reading the wrong information about Veronica Chime's parents, the complete details that made Veronica Chime, Veronica Chime. Remi felt disappointed as she read another false line on the paper.

There were times when Remi had to act tough or mean because she wanted her friend to reach her goals. She genuinely wanted to help and she believed Veronica was still rational enough to know her limits. But now, she realized Veronica didn't deserve her help. She also now wondered if the actress even treated her as a friend or her personal maid.

Remi continued to read the paper and she could not believe what was written on it mainly because she knew the truth. Since she grew up with Veronica. Ethan was also obviously displeased by the information because he also grew up with Veronica and had been her lover for several years before she started becoming an actress.

According to the paper, Veronica was an orphan and a victim of domestic violence. When in actuality, she had a healthy housewife as a mother and a farmer as a father. She had eight siblings in total where she was the ninth and the eldest. Although they were poor, her family was happy and loving.

But that wasn't enough for the young Veronica. Her dreams were big and she refused to let her huge family drag her down.

So in her senior years, at 16, she chose to run away from home disabling her to finish high school. She went to the main city with her little money and survived with the help of her friend Remi Long and then-boyfriend-- Ethan Morris. She also did some part-time jobs while auditioning to be an actress.

At 18, she was finally scouted as an actress because she was pretty and actually had a talent for acting. When she started getting small roles, she decided to break up with Ethan Morris and since then she had never come back or helped her poor family even when she had gotten famous.

"This information is very much verified. It's the truth according to the national data. And according to the law, it is act crime to hack into the country's classified files much more to change a person's background. The Mos can't simply reveal this or else even with our family's power, we can't escape the law." Tian Zi said as a matter of factly. It was partly true and not, they could always manipulate people from the government to back them up but that would mean they'll be freely giving people dirt to dig from the Mo family, especially Mo Laotian.

Obviously, the Alpha wouldn't want that. He likes to avoid trouble. As long as he can handle a problem as silently as he could, he would definitely choose that method.

"If the person behind Veronica could simply do this, how much more just simply eliminating two people who knew the truth behind her lies!? Two people who grew up with Veronica and knows everything about her." Tian Zi finished looking at the two, entertained. Just by thinking how this event gives his usual boring day with thrills made him happy. No wonder his older brother Hanlu likes to follow their Elder brother Mo Laotian around.

"Uhm, so it's still not clear to me why I'm here." After a couple of seconds of silence. Sinking in all the information given to them, Remi still had one more question left on her mind.

"hmmm, good question." Tian Zi smiled. He leaned back on his chair crossing his legs as his older brother did.

"It's because I want you to continue being friends with Veronica Chime. I want you to act normal and find out who's behind her if possible. Don't worry, we'll provide you 24/7 security. Our men will be in your aid when you're in danger. But of course, if you don't want to, we could always send you back, however not guaranteeing your safety." Tian Zi replied with a mischievous smile. It was actually his idea to keep Remi Long as well which Mo Laotian initially regarded as irrelevant to his plan after they found out Ethan Morris was alive.