103 - Not Even Twenty Percent

* * *

"All of you, don't tire yourselves too much, okay?" Daniel reminded, looking at Lan, Luangmin, the five girls who were following Lan earlier, and now more kids that Daniel guessed were Lan's classmates.

"Yes~," they all said in chorus, very excited to go and play.

"Don't wander off as well, I want to be able to see you two from afar," Daniel added again, looking at Lan and Luangmin who nodded. Moving his chin up and down with a smile, he soon let the kids go play.

"Young Master Lan is really a popular kid, his classmates are swarming him," April commented from his side, slowly eating her sandwich.

"Yeah, I'm sure he'll grow up just fine. When I was the same age as him, I didn't have this many kids playing with me because I was always shy," Daniel mentioned with a soft smile on his lips, remembering his childhood days. When he was a kid his classmates didn't want to play with him because he wasn't good at anything and teaming up with him will decrease the chance of winning in the game. That continued until he graduated elementary, so he got used to being alone. He wasn't really bullied but he was an outcast.

"Hmmm, when I was his age I was pretty normal," April lied, her childhood was actually far from normal. She was an orphan at the age of two. She went to three different orphanages after being adopted and then put back again until she was taken by the Mo association. She started basic training at eight and even until now she still trains to maintain her body. It wasn't easy but she enjoyed it, especially when she was finally given a mission. That's when she finally had her first kill at fourteen and another six years later she was given the title of captain of her team and one of the best members of the association.

It wasn't the best really but it had its own happy times. However, that's something Daniel shouldn't know. At least for now.

Removing his eyes from Lan and Luangmin playing with the other kids, Daniel looked at April's smiling face as she reminisced her childhood days and suddenly, he got curious. Despite this just being the second time since he met April, Daniel could feel that they were getting close already. It might be because April was a very outgoing and flexible person that they got along well, but since he already treated the Beta as his friend, he wanted to know more about her.

"What are you remembering? Are you perhaps remembering someone? A man perhaps?" Daniel asked with a teasing tone, making April roll her eyes.

"No way, I don't have a man to remember!" April frowned, biting on her sandwich again, making Daniel even more curious.

"Why are you being so defensive? I was just asking," Daniel whined with a little pout.

"Anyway, my life is pretty boring. Let's talk about yours, especially when you fell in love with the Eldest Young Master? I heard about it on the TV and the internet before, but coming from the Second Young Master I doubt what he said was a hundred percent true," April said, quickly changing the topic as she finished her last sandwich. Meanwhile, hearing the Beta's question, Daniel remembered that story Hanlu made up to deceive the public and he couldn't help but give out a laugh.

"So how much of that was true?" April asked. She saw Daniel looking at his mobile device earlier looking all depressed, so maybe it's a good choice to talk about something light.

"Hmmm, maybe twenty percent?" Daniel replied giggling.

"T-Twenty!? S-so which of those was really true?" April asked in disbelief. When she heard about Daniel and Mo Laotian's story, even though it was very novel-like she didn't really question it because somehow it was possible. Both heads of the Sullen and Mo household are known friends, so it wouldn't be odd if they host events once in a while, maybe privately to get acquainted. It was possible that Daniel and Mo Laotian met there and possibly fell in love.