107 - Last Day in France

* * *

{Hours ago before Lan was kidnapped}

"Arg, I totally forgot about the school's talent show."

"It's fine. Your son said he had it covered so he must have something up his sleeves. Trust him, he isn't your helpless little baby anymore," Hanlu cooed. They just finished talking to Lan like they had promised to do every day. When he got back to school again a day after they left for their advance and extended honeymoon, Ian was reminded of the talent show where his son was supposed to play the leading man in a theatre play. Lan wasn't able to go to class for more than a month so it should be expected that Lan lost his role. And since he lost his role, it's expected that he will be the only one who doesn't have a talent to show.

"Yeah I know, Lan is a smart kid. When he says he had something up his sleeves then I trust that he really has. I'm just a little upset with myself," Ian said frustratingly. He had been so caught up with breaking his bond to Hanlu and then suddenly ending up marrying him. He was on cloud nine that he momentarily forgot his responsibilities. He was selfish.

"It's okay, Baby. Mom, Dad, Daniel, and Luangmin are there for him. You can just spoil him lots when we get home and if you just agree, we can throw him the grandest 9th birthday to make it up to him. But for now, all you have to think about is me," Hanlu cooed again, pulling Ian into his embrace.

"You and your party again, Lan won't enjoy that. A simple one would suffice," Realizing what the Alpha was getting into, Ian quickly disagreed. They had been arguing about Lan's 9th birthday, which was two months after their second wedding. Ian planned to have a simple birthday celebration while Hanlu planned a grand one where he could fill his massive ballroom with people. He had been very insistent and even gave a very rational explanation but Ian still insisted on having a simple one because he believed things like parties won't do good for Lan's young mind.

"You don't know that. He can meet new friends at the party that will greatly help him in the future. And just like you said, Lan is mature, I don't think he would enjoy a celebration where we treat him like a little kid. I think since he's already like that, we should just let him do what he wants and be what he is. Besides, I want to introduce him more to the world. You and Lan are my greatest treasures, of course I would want to flaunt you two," Hanlu said, which once again convinced Ian but he was still stubborn about admitting it.

He raised Lan alone for 8 years in secret while still maintaining a sexual relationship with his father. He grew accustomed to protecting Lan. If possible he didn't want his son to be in the limelight because he knew how dangerous Hanlu's identity was. He knew how many enemies the Alpha had made throughout the years. Hanlu may be untouchable but Lan is not. He's a defenceless child and Hanlu had yet to understand that.

"Luu, I'm finished with this topic," Ian said, pushing Hanlu away.

"Okay. Okay. I won't insist on it anymore, I promise," Hanlu said. In reality, of course Hanlu also thought of the dangers he might bring to his family, but that's why he wanted Lan to build connections at an early age. That's how he was brought up as well and the reason why he survived until now. No matter how powerful the Mo household was, they still do need to help others. They weren't invincible.

Although Ian knew his identity and accepted him, it's not that the Omega agreed to it, that he accepted his other job fully. And absolutely the Omega wouldn't agree that Lan would be involved in it, but that's inevitable because Lan is his son. One day, Lan will have to accept the position he is in.

"But you have to forgive me today," Hanlu added, kissing Ian's nape. He'll forget about their previous topic now since it's their honeymoon.

"Luu, we're about to go out for dinner."