77 - Ronald Ronner (2)

* * *

As Daniel listened to Ronald Ronner's words, he gasped in shock unable to believe. First of all, he couldn't believe when Ronald said that their father, apparently his grandfather, was able to kill or deliberately kill his own child. And secondly, Daniel didn't know his grandmother was an Omega, he also didn't expect that Susan Sullen had a twin brother who was an Omega.

"They used to run around together, they were indeed very close. I didn't know what exactly happened but she started hating Omegas when her twin died." Ronald added this time Daniel was interested in listening. Earlier it was a little bit awkward since Susan Sullen is a sensitive topic for him but it's not like Daniel isn't ready to hear more about her. At least this way, he'll learn more or at least something about the woman who chose to abandon him, wrong him, and despised him without an apparent reason for him to perceive.

Daniel actually doesn't need such information but he couldn't deny he craves it because no matter how much he's told himself that everything about her didn't matter, in the end, he still couldn't stop himself from wanting to know. Susan Sullen was still, after all, the woman who gave birth to him; and Daniel was not that cold-hearted to fully not care.

"I didn't know how little Harold died at first, I only found out later on when the butler told me on the day of his retirement. When I decided to separate Susan from her father, she was already brainwashed. It was too late, she suddenly hated Omegas so much, just like our father did." Ronald added again, mentioning the name of Susan's twin brother.

"W-Why did he hate Omegas so much? I mean, wasn't g-grandmother an Omega?" Daniel asked, if his grandfather hated Omegas that much, then why did he marry an Omega?

"Yes, he hated them but he couldn't resist the pull. There was no love between their marriage, father chose mother thinking he could control her easily knowing that she came from a low-class family however when Mother couldn't keep up with his expectations, he would beat her."

"I grew up watching her with fresh wounds and bruises, sometimes broken bones. That's why when she left, I felt relieved for her. I was genuinely happy for her, but for Father, what she did was betrayal and his pride was hurt. His anger for Omegas intensified. Mother did try to take us with her but she was no match for Father."

"And then before I knew it, he passed on that hatred to Susan. He used her guilt to fully hate Omegas, Susan was young, and everything Father told her was always the truth to her. Father knew back then Susan blamed herself for the death of her twin brother, giving Father the chance to manipulate her into his ideals."

"He taught Susan that in order to not feel pain or guilt; she should hate Omegas instead and think they deserve whatever's coming to them." Ronald finished with a saddened sigh. Even now he still regretted that he wasn't able to see the signs. If he did, none of this would have happened.

". . ." Silence invaded the room, Daniel couldn't say anything. The atmosphere was so heavy.

"You must be asking why I told this to you," Ronald said, looking at Daniel's prominent features.

"Hmmm," Daniel simply nodded.

"I said this not because I want you to understand Susan or again, to forgive her. I said this because I want you to forgive yourself. I want you to know that what Susan did to you was not because you were not enough so that if you ever feel down, or ask why? You shouldn't blame yourself in the least. However, if you could ever find it in your heart to forgive her, that'll be your decision to make." Ronald encourages while holding Daniel's delicate hand gently as if begging.

"Thank you. I will," Daniel replied softly, what Ronald told him slightly stunned Daniel. He never thought that this man that he only knew now was worried about something like this that he came here to meet him. He was so touched and he felt the man's genuine emotions. And for some unknown reasons, he does feel a lot better. This is the first time he learned something about his family from the maternal side.