93. Daily Routine

In the Lupin-Black household there are some things that might never change. Remus, who color codes his socks, loves the organized time table his little family has.

Sirius would wake up at 7 AM sharp. It's no longer the alarm, it's his body clock ticking. He'd wiggle under Remus' arm and face him.

"Remus, it's 7."

"Wow, my baby can read the time now-OW"

A blushing pouty Sirius turned his back on him and Remus would laugh. "Cmon baby I was just joking please-"

"I was trying to help you Lupin." Sirius says with his nose stuck to the air but he let Remus' arms circle his waist and make him look back.

"What ?" Sirius asked, still putting the fake annoyed face.

"You are very pretty, my husband."

That broke Sirius and he'd giggle into Remus' chest. The 2 would roll around in bed for a few more minutes until somehow managed to push each other to the bath room.

They'd take turns making breakfast and honestly, Teddy doesn't mind. Both of his dads are capable of making quite a scrumptious meal.

Remus would run out first, taking Teddy for a ride to school. Of course, never forgetting a kiss from Sirius.

"I'm not leaving until you kiss me."

"Well, that's on you. Your boss is going to have your ass-mmh"

Remus does not care. Sirius might be covered in pancake batter or wrist deep doing the dishes, he won't leave without his kiss.

Rolling his eyes, Sirius finishes clean up and gets ready himself. He owns a tattoo parlor in downtown London. He'd have to open the shop himself before his other friends joined in.

His day would not stray from the usual comers. Perhaps some first timers , as old as Teddy. When the clock strikes 7, Sirius is already on his way home.

He'd find Teddy skateboarding home with his friends. Landing a welcome home kiss to his forehead. Teddy's gang never made fun of that, they were all starry eyed at how punk Mr. Black-Lupin is.

Remus would be home not long after and they'll sit down for dinner. This time Remus cooks. The couple moved together like man to his shadow. Remus cooks, Sirius makes deserts.

If 10 minutes passes and one of them is not by the door. It's the other half's job to ask how they are. Most of the time it's Remus.

"Re, you okay ?"

An exasperated sigh. "My boss. He's making me stay over time. I'm sorry Siri. You and Teddy should have dinner without me."

Teddy would kindly offer to egg the boss that caused so much trouble. Sirius, although tempted to help, had to decline.

"Poor mr. Wilkins, Teddy. His joints are barely holding him up."

The younger boy snorted. "I'd be thankful if it didn't."

Sirius wanted to be a normal parent and get mad at him but really, he agrees. Afterwards, Teddy would have to leave for sleep. Leaving Sirius to wait up.

Once he hears the keys jingle, Sirius is waiting by the door with a warm cup of tea and open arms.

Remus had his glasses in his hair as he  rested his forehead in Sirius.

"How was the parlor today ?"

That's Remus for you. Always asking and putting others in front of him. Sirius knows, this is just a distraction from his stressful day.

"Ah some newbies. They were sober at least. I wouldn't breathe if I had to warn them about drunk mistakes."

On his shoulder, Remus chuckled. "I remember that 1 time Teddy's friends came and they asked for matching tattoos."

Sirius gasped and rolled his eyes. "They asked for matching dick tattoos Remus I- Lord I couldn't- Imagine if I had to draw a dick on my own son !"

The taller giggled letting himself go. Thoughts came in his mind as he did. Remembering when he vowed to never marry, thinking how no one will accept him. Then meeting Sirius and his weird self.

Now, in that moment, in Sirius' warmth, he realizes why couples exist. He finally understands why a person can love for so long and so strong.

-------

Every saturday, they let the week's stress go with movie night. Ordering pizza and huddling around the sofa, Saturdays were the best.

Sometimes Teddy would call Victoire over to join them. Other times he'd be out with her on dates.

The Lupin-Black couple won't complain. They have their own date night to attend to.

"You cheated."

"It's chess Sirius, how am I supposed to cheat ?"

Head in his palms, Sirius grumbled. "With that big brain of yours."

"Cmon make your move then." Remus leaned back smirking.

Sirius loves this side of Remus. His competitive and playfulness is fun to entertain. Although Remus is a little nerd for chess, he forgets that Sirius grew up with the game.

"And I'll move my king to C5. Checkmate."

His ringed fingers push Remus' white king to the side. "Wh-WHAT !? I- How ?!"

The man who had a cocky look turned to panic as he recounted what Sirius did. Not accepting defeat, Remus will have his revenge with kisses.
--

Maybe somethings will change. But for the most parts, Sirius is glad to wake up with Remus everyday. Even when they fight and things get bad.

They're both glad to have each other where they are.