200. Venom

"Remus, Remus, it's Sirius !"

Remus groans. "Shut up, I know."

The symbiote sticks itself behind a wall and with that, pulling Remus' body along with it. Once they were hidden away, Venom shows his black gooey head.

"Say hi."

"We are not saying hi. Not when I look like this." Remus points a warning finger.

"Say hi !" Venom yells back. "And maybe eat him."

"We talked about this, no eating Sirius Black."

"I know you want to eat him !"

Remus flushes bright red. "Not in your way !"

"Say hi !" Venom presses.

Sighing. "Okay fine, say hi for 5 minutes then we're out."

Venom bares his teeth in the most creepy, delighted grin Remus had ever seen. It seeps back into his skin.

"Say hi now !"

Remus rolls his eyes. "Yea we're getting there."

He hikes his backpack on his shoulder nervously. From a distance, Remus could see Sirius by his locker. Probably cleaning it out since the summer holidays are about to start.

"Hehe Sirius~" Venom sings.

Remus wonders if he's the one crushing on Sirius or rather the symbiote. When they get close enough, Sirius looks up and his face lightens immediately.

"Remus hey ! I've been looking for you."

Venom shrieks. "He's been looking for us !?"

"Oh why ? What's up ?" Remus asks.

Sirius rubs his arm in that way when he's about to ask someone something. Remus swears he's not a creep, it's just a pretty noticable habit.

"There's this vintage vinyl shop down in Abbey street and school's over tomorrow so..."

"Gosh Remus he's cute," Venom comments. "Eat, eat, eat-"

"Shut up alien." Remus mutters.

Sirius' mouth forms to an O, his eyes between shocked and hurt. "Then I guess it doesn't matter. I'll go now, bye Remus."

Before Remus could stop him, Sirius slams the locker door shut and walks off to the sea of students eager to get home. The boy rests his forehead on the cold steel locker.

"Damn it. Venom, I told you no talking when I'm talking to someone !" Remus pretends to talk to the phone.

Venom let's out a "huh" of offence. "My fault ?! No no, that's on you !"

Remus' eyes dart around the school hall, trying to find any sign of the love of his life. Sirius is gone and Remus feels 10 times worse.

***

Remus paces around his room. Thinking of the best way to talk to Sirius without getting himself slapped. Meanwhile Venom is busy cooking up a special "gift".

He throws in everything he likes in a pan. Chocolate, chicken breast, the Star Wars movies, a page off Sophie's World and one of Remus' shoelaces.

"Ta daa ! He'll forgive us !"

Remus wants to puke at whatever that was in his pan. "No Venom."

"Yes, Venom," The symbiote urges. "After that, we eat him !"

Remus gives the floating head a push. "We're not eating Sirius Black. Ever. So stop saying that."

Venom sticks his abnormally long tongue out and goes to wrap the... gift in Remus' calculus exam. When he's done, he adds a finishing touch in the form of a kiss.