194. Protective

Baby wolf! Remus and Older Vampire! Sirius again.

***

Sirius thinks the protectiveness of a wolf is cute.

It's the lowkey agression. The way Remus' brows furrow at any stranger who stands a little too close to Sirius. The way his body is always covering (at least) half of his.

"You're wearing sunscreen right ?" Remus checks one more time.

"Yes wolfy. Spf 300, specially made for vampires." Sirius assures him.

Remus nods and fixes the wide brim hat on Sirius. "Don't want you getting burnt."

"I'm not bread," Sirius jokes, putting his gloves on. "Let's go."

And there Remus goes again. His sweet wolf covering him from the sun again. Sirius head-butts Remus' arm as he goes to hold his hand.

"I'm not getting any vitamin D with your tree self in the way."

Remus looks down at him confused. "You drink blood for vitamin D and besides..

I can give you better vitamin D than the sun."

Sirius gasps and slaps his arm while Remus laughs, wrapping his arm around Sirius' shoulder. The taller likes it when Sirius is in arm's reach, makes him feel calmer knowing that his lover is safe and right there next to him.

Remus' protectiveness isn't being jealous over everything. He even thinks it's unhealthy if he gets that obsessive. He just likes paying closer attention to details.

Sirius gets it. Being a protector is already in his blood. Add that instinct to his fear of Sirius' impulses, it's a survival combo as the vampire's husband.

(Yes, he tried eating garlic bread once just to see how it tasted like. Remus was there to pry the thing out. "Baby what are you eating ?" *chews faster* "OMG SIRIUS-")

They stroll around town, not really heading anywhere. It's nice for Sirius to hang around real people and not just go to monster bars at night. In some ways, Remus pities Sirius' life style. He couldn't bask and run under the sun. Though he's sure the blood sucker would look hotter than the sun if he did.

***

Other times, Remus' protectiveness is a lot more comical.

"Just leave it Moons, the elf will get it." Sirius tightens his arm around Remus' abdomen.

As much as the werewolf would like to stay laying on the velvet chaise lounge, he has to investigate. Sirius groans as Remus gently picks his arm off him and he stands to go see who it is. The vampire lets him leave with a booing sound.

Though inwardly, Sirius finds it cute. Like how dogs bark at every passing car. Remus might deny his puppy instincts but life proves differently.

The house elves ran around his knees to get to the door first. Remus had never understood why they stayed with Sirius even when technically he isn't a "Black" anymore. Comparing it to how they were treated in Grimmauld Place, he sees why.

"It's alright, I can get the door myself." Remus says.

The werewolf learns that elves are stubborn creatures.

Sirius comes out of their room, wondering what the commotion was all about. He didn't expect finding his little wolfy look so (deliciously) intimidating. Even though he's only in his white tank top and boxers, Sirius would climb him like a tree.

The door swings open to a scrawny delivery boy. The poor thing follows the legs to the crossed arms to Remus' face.

"Uh Are you Mr. Black ?" He squeaks.

"Yeah," Remus points his chin to the box. (Sirius swoons)  "Whatcha got there ?"

"Uhm.." the boy's eyes squint at the label. "Gummy bears.. sir."

Sirius rests his hand behind Remus' back to calm him. "Oh yes, I ordered that."

Delivery boy looked like he might cry out of relief. "Oh ok, I'll ask you to sign here.. yup thank you uhm Mr. Black."

He scurries off and they close the door. Sirius bats at Remus' arm. "I told you not to scare the humans !"

"What if he was some evil wizard ?!" Remus defends himself.

Sirius rolls his eyes. "Anyways, I got myself some Blood gummies."

The werewolf sags on to the dinner table. "I thought those were normal ones."

See, just a puppy. Sirius is literally fighting demons that makes him want to just squish his boyfriend into a little Remus ball of fluff and keep it under his pillow for good dreams.

Sirius pops one gummy into his mouth and tilts the opened bottle at the werewolf. Remus gags. "I'm gonna go."

Yup, just a puppy.

***

"Why are you so protective over me ?" Sirius asks one night.

Them sitting across one another on their work desk.  It was dark all around except the dim table light pointing straight on what Remus was writing. The werewolf puts his pen down and looks up.

Sirius had his cheek on his right arm while his left played with the yellowing parchment paper Remus wrote on. The old, first edition Edith Paif record scratched in the background but her voice was like magic surrounding them.

Remus reaches his fingers to link their hands together. He likes their size difference. Knowing he could blanket Sirius with himself is just so comforting.

"What would happen if you stole from my chocolate stash ?" Remus asks, sliding his head to mirror Sirius.

Siruus scoff. "You'd chew me up and bury my dead body."

The werewolf chuckles.  "Why do you think that ?"

"You love that thing to bits ! You chocoholic."

Remus takes Sirius hand and brings it to his lips. "You know I love chocolate and I'd do that. Now imagine what I'd do for you love."

Sirius gets flustered. The werewolf's smile just grows warmer.

"But before someone steals you, I'd rather protect you. Keep you out of harm's way," Remus glares at him playfully. "Keep you out of garlic bread's way."

Sirius slaps his hand and looks away, rolling his eyes. "Prat. You ruined the moment."

But the vampire goes around the table to Remus anyways. Pushing the paper away so he'd be the center of his attention, not knowing Sirius is already the center of his universe.

"Now you're finally taller than me."

Sirius whines. "Why are you like this !? It's not my fault you're born with telephone pole genes!"

Remus blows raspberries on Sirius chest. His arms holding him tighter to himself. Sirius' hands go to ruffle his curly brown hair, he likes them a little tousled.

"Because I'd stay alive forever for you, my star."

***
Visual representation of Protective wolfy in a tank top and boxers scaring the fuck outta the delivery boy

***Visual representation of Protective wolfy in a tank top and boxers scaring the fuck outta the delivery boy