181. You're Beautiful pt 2

The winter is thawing. The sun coming out more often and somehow the cold Remus felt, is melting away like ice.

The train doors were open and Remus is running.

He's laughing. His long legs trying to get to the carriage as fast as they could while his hand held on to the beanie nestled on his brown hair.

He makes it on time and he turns around. "C'mon little legs, hurry up !"

Sirius sticks his tongue out as he jumps in the train and Remus' arms.

"Wait my beanie's crooked." Remus lets go to fix the hat.

Sirius rolls his eyes. "My beanie."

"And that's my leather jacket but I'm not saying anything now am I ?"

The shorter pulls the damned beanie over Remus' eyes. Like he always does. He's like a child sometimes, Remus finds his humor endearing.

"Oh so that's how you want to play hmm ?"

Remus catches Sirius' waist before the other could run off to the other side of the empty train.

Perks of working late, a private train.

Sirius giggles. "St-Stop ! Ah-" He squawks under the Tickle Attack. "Remus ! Your fingers are cold !"

Remus stops his assault because he feels soft hands on his face. Thumbs caressing his cheekbones and Sirius has gone still in his hold.

"Remember that night, when drunk you said I was beautiful ?" Sirius whispered.

"Drunk me was right. You are." Remus smile against the other's lips.

"But then, you know what I was thinking ?"

Remus hums, beckoning Sirius to continue.

"That you were far more beautiful." He leans in and finally presses their lips together.

"This is terribly unfair by the way, I can't even see you."

Remus couldn't see it but Sirius had the sweetest smile. "Ok, let me just-"

He pulls the hat just enough for the brown curls to show. "Hello."

"Hello." Remus kisses his cheek.

They fit just right. Like a broken vase pieced together so perfectly. The beauty of said vase finally seen when it's complete again.

"King's Cross Station. Door's are opening."

Remus sighs. He hates letting Sirius go. Even if it was just for a few minutes.

"Zip it, you'll get cold."

Remus doesn't have to say it. Sirius already feels it. From the caring way he's tucking the scarf around his neck and the way he kisses his forehead. He loves him and he knows.

Sirius sees the difference now. From something as simple as holding hands.

He wasn't yanked forward to follow his boyfriend's footsteps. Remus offers his palm and Sirius gladly takes it.

The taller automatically laces their fingers together and kisses the back of his palm, so gentle in every way. Sirius is smitten each time he does it.

Remus walks off the train first. "Mind the gap love."

He offers his palm again and Sirius l trully feels like the love of his life. Remus catches him again.

Sirius could see what love he deserves now.

He won't settle for someone who won't even wait for him. Won't settle for someone who picks phone calls over him. Won't settle for someone who pushes him around and treats him like a nobody.

Sirius deserves this.

He deserves to be held gently. He deserves Remus' butterfly kisses. His warm bear hugs and his sweet scenting leather jacket. He deserves to be loved properly.

Sirius looks from their laced hands to Remus' side profile.

It's almost spring, yet he's still puffing cold air out of his mouth. The streetlights were poor lighting but Remus' beauty doesn't need lighting.

"You're beautiful." Sirius says out of the blue.

Remus laughs and turns away all flustered. He pulls the beanie over his face. "Don't say that so suddenly, I'm shy !"

"But you get to say that to me all the time." Sirius whines.

"Because it's true." Remus peeks from behind the beanie. "You are beautiful."

"You-"

He didn't hear the end of Sirius' speech for he has slipped on the last piece of ice on pavement.

"Oh shit, baby you alright ?"

It's a scene straight out of a movie. Remus, again, catches him on time.

Sirius' cheeks are bright red now. From embarrassment and the cold. "You are beautiful."

Remus smiles that sheepish smile. That 'I don't believe you but ok' smile. Sirius will one day wipe that doubting look off his face. One day.

Sirius kisses him again.

Because sadly, as humans, our display of love is limited.

"Next time wear proper boots." Remus scolds him again. "Hold on to my arm."

Sirius grins and hugs his thick coat as they walk home through the night,  feeling less lonely then before.