9. in sickness and in health

3 am, grimmauld place.

"Siri... siri..." remus whispered. It was dead night and he just received an owl from sirius saying he had to go to grimmauld place right away.

Remus was very cautious especially with sirius' parents around. And his nasty family members. He took an invisibility potion for good measure. Wand out and creeping closer to sirius' room. How did he know ? First of all there is a poster of a bikini muggle girl at his door and a bunch of muggle posters of cars and motor bikes. Remus just shook his head in dismay.

He tried opening the door but it was locked. But with a simple Alohomora and the door swung open. Remus stepped in side and locked there door behind him. The potion he had drained away and he could see his scar filled arms.

Sirius was on his bed and sleeping with a red face. Hes definitely not blushing. And whats the most unusual is the presence of Regulus. Remus never knew Regulus that well but he was there changing the compress on siri's head.

"Umm hey lupin. I thought id ought to owl you on him. Been sick for 3 days. Mum and dad didnt let him go to a healer. He tried jumping out of the window to the tree and running away but bellatrix caught him and hexed him on the spot." Regulus said looking at remus with concern

"Should i bring him over to my house then. I'll get him a healer or a muggle doctor. We'll just floo from here. So You can rest." Remus asking Regulus.

"Remus i was never the caring brother but he looked out for me. In hogwarts he hexed on the slytherins who tried to hurt me. Bat boggy hex is his specialty. I kinda want to pay him back." Regulus replied looking at his feet.

"Or you want to come with us to my house ? Im sure your mother wont be happy if she knew youre helping him" remus nodded to sirius. Moony didnt want to wake sirius so he just held siri's hand.

"Sure, id love to. No one will notice. And if they did, when i come back ill just say that i hexed some muggles or something" regulus grinned. Remus smiled back at him.

With a wave of his wand sirius was floating in the air. And regulus drank the potion remus gave him and tip toed behind him. Sadly there was only 1 potion bottle, so still visible, Remus went down the stairs and to the fireplace as quiet as he could.

"Off some where ? Lupin" a voice said behind them. A slim figure with long silky blonde hair leaned against the door frame. "I figure someone tried to save sirius"

"Ill love him and ill take care of him that is because you and your family cant care for 1 family member." Remus replied in a murderous tone.

"Hold your growl lupin, i couldnt do anything about him. My dear aunt says no so i have to follow after all im just a guest." Narcissa shrugged.
"Go along then bring him. Go on to the fire place you go" narcissa said in a quiet tone.

"As much as my family hate him and Andromeda but i personally have nothing to hold a grudge on him so ill let you go. Now quickly" the blonde said

"Thank you black" "your welcome"

Skip to the lupins house.

Lupin and regulus went straight to remus' room. And laid sirius at the bed. The moon and stars were shining bright that night and the winds blew warmly into the room. "I never seen such a normal house. I want a room like yours remus" regulus murmered

"Thanks but will you help me."

That night they took turns checking sirius' temperature, changing his compress and wiping th sweat on his face. Sirius slept but uneasy.

"Lupin, sorry to ask but are you and sirius a thing ? I mean i heard james said something about you and him but i just want to know"

"Yea hes mine. He just looks strong but hes a big baby when you get to know him"

"I want to be like him. Rebel and not care about anything that mother says. Let his hair grow out and those naked muggle girls around his room. I want to be normal for once"

"You are but i guess you want to be more than "sirius' younger brother""

"Yea you know. If this is a book im just a side kick and maybe worse only a stranger."

"Here have some chocolate. Helps to calm things through." Remus handed him some and continued saying "regulus, you might not realise but hes rooting for you to change, to do something your heart wants. And not what you family wants. Sirius like to say that youre more than just a sibling but the person he felt close to"

"Really ? He thinks that of me ? I never knew. He never notices me in hogwarts. He rarely says hello or just be a brother" regulus nibbled on his chocolate.

"Hes more like subtle hero. He wont say anything affectionate to you in person (undertone: thank his pride for that) but he cares about you behind your back. Let me tell you when he packed some dragon flares to throw on marked people"

"What do you mean by marked people ? Death eaters ?" Regulus gave him a worried look

" no no not death eaters. Slitherins who likes to pick on younger kids. Especially those who pick on you. So he has this poster of people he'd hunt down. When he pranked them enough, he'd draw an X on their faces more like a hit list really"

"I wont say this straight to his face because i know he wont take it seriously (wink wonk) but i love my brother. I like to put more food to his plate from mine. And calm mother down so the beatings wont be... worse. But i love my brother. Way more than he thinks"

"Yes i love your brother too. And now hes in deep sleep so we should get some sleep too" and the two boys put pillows on the floor and a blanket to sleep on. And they slept soundly.

Not knowing that sirius was awake the whole conversation. Sirius moved himself painfully and as silent as ever. Then he kneels next to regulus and kissed his brother's fore head before murmuring "i love you too reg"
And going over to remus and kissed him on the cheek saying "i love you too moony" and he smiled seeing a little smirk form on the ends of remus' lips

-----------------------------------------------------------