142. Muscled

What if instead of growing tall and lanky, Remus' muscle regeneration speeds up and thickens ? In other words, he gets buff instead.
----------

He does have lanky limbs. His robes always hanging short around his calves. 13 year old Remus would have to go to Mcgonagall to get his robes transfigured longer.

His frame was long more than bulk. Unlike James whose got some muscle built after Quidditch. Sirius, even though he doesn't work out often, has shape. Peter is a little stout, the shortest of all 4 of them. He's always leaned on the cuddly side.

The Marauders' physique lay differently on the diverse spectrum of human body. And there is a certain beauty in that.

You want a morning run buddy ? James is your go to. You want to chug Fire Whiskey at 5 and make it to practice by 6 ? Sirius' got you. You want someone to lean on in the common room ? Peter's got the arms for that. You need someone to model for you ? Remus is right there !

So there is no question on body love.

Yes, the conversation pops up from time to time. After a particular bad moon or after a Quidditch loss. Sometimes they question themselves and the bodily cages they're in.

But again, there is no question.

Sirius was the first to object. "You're not useless Remus !" He says.

The other, with red teary eyes, looked up. "How'd you know ?"

"I've lived with you for 5 years and never have I seen you useless. You're a Prefect, you're a Werewolf, you're Mcgonagall's favourite, you're Poppy's child, you're James mastermind, you're Pete's eating buddy and you're my love-"

Well, that became a confession.

"My-my point is that because you're you, you're important. We love you around, Remus. I-I love you.. uhh around." Sirius scratched his unitchy nape.

Remus felt his cheeks burn. "You mean that ?"

"It's in my name ! Always Sirius." The Black winks.

They returned for Christmas with a promise to owl each other every week. Maybe an anonymous love letter lands itself on Remus' window sill.

He laughs to himself though, Sirius forgot he has enhanced smell. Remus could literally make out his cologne on the paper.

When the few weeks end, they meet again on board the chugging train back to Hogwarts. But Sirius seemed to have short circuit.

Remus' frame changed. He went from robes-too-short to Gryffindor- sweater- hugging-every- curve- and- muscle.

Being the total gym nerd he is, Potter scrambled to feel Remus' biceps. "Merlin Mooney! Can you give me a headlock ?"

Sirius totally felt small beside Remus. I mean, he's the shorter one out of the 2 but this time ? He felt smaller. Like the window and Remus' shoulders were squeezing him.

Remus casually swings his arm around his boyfriend, as one new couple would. Sirius could feel the weight of his arm now. Its... comforting. Remus felt so cuddly under his sweater.

At the dorms, Sirius blushed harder than he thought when he caught a glimpse of Remus pulling the sweater of his back by the neck. His back muscles rippling with each move.

"Mouth open any longer and we'll have our very own Black Waterfall !" Peter teased.

Sirius sent him a paper ball. "Shut up Rat. I'll turn you into a handbag !"

Remus laughed along. The change was shocking to him as well. He didn't even notice much difference until the boys pointed it out.

But if he manages to pull that kind of reaction out of Sirius ? He'd use this chance to the maximum.