202. Cupid Au

Inspired by a song called Weirdo sung by NoMBe. I swear, his voice is addicting.

****

The couple breaks into giggles again. They huddle, talking in hushed voices, about whatever it was the boy said.

Sirius glances over before looking back up to the movie. He smiles under his mask. It's nice seeing happy couples. Afterall it is his job as cupid to join new unions and keep them that way.

The movie is nothing he'd already seen. The typical angsty, teenage romance plot where one of them dies too young. Although he's sick of these movies, cinemas are one of the best ways to recharge his energy. Literally.

Sirius feels his power go stronger. He's in a room full of love. His ancient power is replenished with it. Young love is always so refreshing to feel.

He walks out of the room ten times younger. The wrinkles fades and his aches gone. It's so easy to feed an immortal god.

And it's not just good for him. If Cupid is strong so will the connections around him. The couple walks out more in love with each other. The couple fighting realizes why they loved in the first place. A single woman finally gains the courage to ask for another's number.

Just like his patron Goddess, Cupid awakens love in his every step.

Sirius sighs. He loves his job. To spread love and receiving it back is amazing. But it's lonely.

Humans have a shorter life span. Spending around 50 years with their lover. Sirius ? An immortal being like him ? His lovers wither and die too fast so to save his heart, he doesn't go searching for love.

"Thank you. You look lovely today." Sirius smiles.

The employee blushes. Sirius could feel them glow at the compliment. He buys the cinema's cheap coffee and goes on his way. Human food does nothing to him.  Which is great because that means he could eat anything he wants.

He was so busy looking down to his freshly brewed coffee. Not realizing a man walking the opposite way, equally distracted. Their shoulders hit and when Sirius looks up, he gets a taste of his own medicine.

The man above him is what Adonis used to look like. Honey eyes and bouncy brown curls. His lips were parted in a surprised O. Sirius could feel his strong arm hold him up where his coffee had fell.

"I'm so sorry." He says.

Sirius stands on his own feet and shrugs. "It's fine, don't sweat it."

He gives him his signature smile. A kind face that made mortals fall for him so often, he makes heartbreak as much as he makes love.

The man returns the gesture but Sirius doesn't feel the love burst of energy he usually gets from strangers.

"Let me buy you another," Sandy Hair scratches his nape awkwardly. "Does Starbucks sound good ?"

"Yea, of course."

Sirius has met tons of people in his (neverending) life time. People like Remus are like cats. You can't go picking them up and petting their heads straight away. He needs warming up, let him come to you.

That's what Sirius does. He plays his cards right and Remus is giving him more than quiet chuckles.

"I'd like a mocha and Sirius?"

He feels his own bloody arrow hit his heart. Sirius snaps out of it after a second too long.

"Uh just Black." He says.

Remus pays and they go take a seat. Sirius doesn't remember what made them stay for 4 hours in that cramped cubicle.

When the rain fell, Remus said he'll get drenched if he tried walking home so better wait it out. Sirius says his bus isn't until 6 in the evening. Remus nodds and now he's thirsty and buys them a second round of coffee.