123. Bus Back Home pt 2

Lmao i forgot the title to my own story i-
------------

Snow began falling and yet Sirius waited out in the cold for the bus to come. Standing slightly to the side, small specks of snow landed on his hair and clothes making him look like someone shredded cheese on his head.

The huge purple bus screeched to a stop and there he was. Sitting like a statue on the farthest seat was Remus, the stranger he befriended a few weeks ago. Who he learned, had a good taste in books and is comfortingly warm.

"Remmy !"

"You got a stop calling me with that rat's name." He looked up from his book.

Sirius felt his heart do a backflip. He squeezed past Remus to sit by the window. They made a pact of some sorts, to save each other's designated seats.

"Man, this bus has zero heater action." Sirius muttered, pulling his scarf to his nose.

That look on him made Remus think of the first time they met. His cute pink nose covered by the thick scarf.

"You got snow all over." He said softly.

Mind you, the passengers might just give them evil eyes for being so loud in the morning.

Remus' nimble fingers brushed the white speckles off Sirius' coat. Then moved on to the mess on his hair.

Sirius felt like a cat. Remus' big hand caressing the snow off. He wouldn't mind if they stayed that way for the whole ride. Unconsciously, he leaned in to the touch.

Remus scooted closer to accommodate him. His arm resting behind Sirius' chair as the boy leaned in and tucked himself on his shoulder.

"You comfy ?" The taller asked. He saw how Sirius' eyes fluttered. "You can go back to sleep if you want. We're still quite far."

"Damn you sure are made of boyfriend material." Sirius said to his jacket.

"Well, I uhh..want to ask you..."

"Yes, I'll go on a date with you." The man looked up playfully. "I'm literally side cuddling you, what did you think I'll say ?"

Remus cleared his throat and cough awkwardly. "Oh yeah right."

Sirius returned to his spot on his arm and Remus went back to stroking his hair. The book not as captivating as the man sleeping beside him.

***

Once the clock stroked 6, Remus leaped from his seat. He turned the computer off so fast, his co workers never saw him this excited to head home.

"Ooo someone's eager to leave." Lily chuckled, remembering the whole strangers to lovers encounter her bestfriend rambled on about for 2 weeks straight.

"We're going on a date !" Remus scrambled to grab his coat. "Do I look okay ?"

Lily smoothed the hair sticking up and pushed him out. "Good luck Remmy !"

Remus groaned mockingly. What's with his friends and the rat from Ratatouille?

He felt jitters and butterflies throughout the wait in the bus stop, knowing his date will be waiting for him. He surely didn't expect a sleek car pull up.

The window rolled down.

"I'm breaking the law by parking here so unless you want our date to be in a police station, please hop on."

"You have a car ?"

Remus sat in the luxurious leather seat. He felt out of place in the expensive car. Now that he took a good look at Sirius, he noticed the brands he's wearing.

"Oh my God are you going to kidnap me ?"

Sirius choked on spit. " What !? I'm taking you to dinner. What are you talking about ?"

"I don't know. Just felt like a plausible plot."

The car stopped on a red light and Sirius flicked Remus' nose. "That's why you gotta un-bury your nose from those books."

"I mean, you had a car all this time ! Why even go on the bus ?"

Sirius needs to save face. Remembering the amount of times Remus saw him drooling in his sleep, he couldn't just say he's a fat simp for this man.

"For a social experiment."

"Really ? Experiment what ?"

"If I can get the handsome stranger on a date or not ?" Sirius gave him a toothy grin.

They stepped out of the car to a wonderful neat looking restaurant. Sirius handed the keys to a valet. Afterwards, his hand found Remus' quickly enough.

"Holy shit, I can't afford this." The taller said. "Sirius, this'll cost half my salar-"

"Who says about affording ? I own the place. What a wild thought ! It's like making Edna pay for wearing her own  costumes !"

Remus almost let his jaw drop. Sirius, the man he frequently witness give himself a concussion for banging his head on the bus window, owns a fancy, chandelier swinging, Parisian cuisine restaurant ?

They sat at a private table on the second floor that out looked the guests below. From the distinctly styled space, Remus could tell this was Sirius' personal seat.

"Order what ever. I made sure it all tasted good." Sirius gave him the menu. 

Remus can't help but gawk at the scene. The place was beautiful. Like it came fresh from Tiana's restaurant in Princess and the Frog.

"There's so much I need to know about you." Remus said looking back at him. "This place... is amazing !"

"Ah yeah ? Thanks, bought it from a dying frenchman. Said I looked like his dead wife for some reason." Sirius cracked a lobster open.

Remus didn't bother asking where that dish came from. The waiters swarmed their table immediately. As if producing Sirius' food of the top off their heads.

They sat and ate. Remus fell in a quiet head space. The food was indeed a mouth melter. Sirius had to pause and  watch him wolf his plate down.

Sirius had a fond smile on his face as he propped his chin on his palm. He leaned forward to wipe sauce off Remus' chin.

"I finally found my match." He smiled proudly. "Ykno, the waiters here tell me I have the stomach of an elephant. Now I have a successor."

Remus flushed with bread rolls in his cheeks. "'s so delicious.. Why'd you not mention this ! I would've came here everyday."

though really if he came here everyday, he'd only be ordering water.

"Well... If you date me, you can come here anytime." Sirius wiggled his eyebrows.

"Is this your tactic ? Bribing me with food ?"  Remus chuckled. "Cus it's working."

Sirius shrugged and patted his mouth with the napkins. A poor attempt to cover the growing blush. "I mean I do like you. Would be really cool if you uhh wanted to go on more dates ?"

"I'm treating you next time though." Remus smiled.

"Deal."

And they couldn't wait for the next time they catch the bus.