69.he's angry

songs for this chapter :
-one last time by Ariana Grande
-lying is the most fun... by P!atd
-one last song by Sam Smith (my gay lord)
---------------
remus seemed off lately.

he didnt feel like eating. or doing anything.

for weeks he saw sirius hang out with his friends. not that remus wasnt happy with sirius' huge social circle, it just bothers him that the 'friends' would make him drunk everyday.

remus hated watching sirius go bad. he told sirius about it and sirius stopped drinking but still went out.

remus would go to sleep in an empty bed and wake up with sirius passed out on the couch with last night's clothes.

what he hated to see the most was the red lipstick marks on his neck. No. sirius wouldnt cheat. but sirius was drunk, he wouldnt know who happened to him.

remus talked to him about it over dinner. that one night, sirius came home early.

remus talked about sirius' job. he worked in a club as a singer and that lead him to his parties and lip stick smudges on sirius.

"sirius you love your job, i know but you are getting out of hand. every night you come home pass out drunk. its not healthy" he remembered saying

but sirius only scoffed and left him again for his "work".

remus goes to work every day, feeling empty. in the morning he would walk to the vet office and heal many pets.

his smile was wide but fake. everytime he saw a dog enter, he would remember sirius. because thats how he met him.

remus remembered a teary sirius with his black dog in his arms.

"heal my baby please"

and with that remus fell in love.

"of course"

sirius too felt the same.

then in the afternoon, remus would go to the cafe. if sirius liked singing in a club, remus preferred the acoustic cafe.

(okay i like if the roles were switched but i like keeping my remus a soft boi)

he would sing his heart out. for weeks sad songs filled the cafe. lily the cafe owner was concerned.

"remus you can tell me anything okay? im here for you" she said.

he smiled and nodded wishing that it was sirius saying those words to him.

remus felt fatigue weigh him down. he wondered if sirius would react if he didnt come home every night.

would he miss me like i miss him ? he thought

of course he would. dont lie to yourself lupin, no he wont

this has went on until remus snapped.

one night, sirius actually came home early. and he wasnt drunk or hung over.

they ate dinner in silence.

"sirius im going to be honest here. your work has been bothering me. its unhealthy for you. alcohol every day is going to kill you slow-"

"im a grown man remus i know whats good for me" sirius dead panned.

remus' blood boiled.

"you come home every morning drunk and red lipstick stains on your fuckin neck sirius ? thats good for you?" he asked.

"why do you suddenly care ?! all this time you never said anything !" sirius stood up.

"BECAUSE I LOVE YOU !" remus shouted. his eyes pricked with tears.