103. Rain

It all started with a horrible day at work. Remus got papers thrown at him and co workers shitting on him. To top it off, he got drenched from the rain on the only day he forgot his umbrella. And he was wearing new shoes. And a new suit from Sirius.

When he stepped home, he was reminded of their date tonight. Remus promised to take the day off tomorrow. Sirius knew of the growing frustration and eventual burn out. He hoped the day off might help him.

Sirius dressed up nicely and they walked to the nearby restaurant. (Don't drive if the destination's close cus carbon footprint yall) They sat near the window as the waiters expecting them came to serve.

Perhaps it was Sirius' jittery tapping or his constant chatter or his teasing.Remus snapped.

"Will you stop moving already ?"

Sirius didn't know what to say. He knew it was the fatigure talking but how do you even reply to that without causing a further fight ?

But no. Sirius has spent too long being stepped around for showing his true colors. He's not letting it happen again. He pulled his hand from Remus' hold.

"Well you dated my loud ass so deal with it."

Remus groaned. "Really ? I was asking nicely."

"The fuck was that nice ? You looking at me like I'm bothersome !"

"Yeah ? Maybe you are. Annoying me right here right now."

"You're also being much of a dick  Remus."

With that Sirius stood up and walked out. Not tonight, sweety, not tonight. If Remus chooses to be an asshole, he's not going to bother any more.

The glass door swung open and he was out in the pouring rain. "Great, fucking perfect." He muttered.

Inside, Remus pinched the bridge of his nose. Shit  what has he done ?

He grabbed a random umbrella and ran out to catch Sirius. The boy looked like a wet cat. Angry with flattened hair.

He came up behind him and leaned the navy umbrella above Sirius' head. "I'm sorry. I was being a dick. You're never too loud. I just.. I was being a dick, that's it. It'll never happen again, I swear."

"I feel words very deeply Remus. You know that hurts me and I hate how you talked to me. Like I was a germ."

Remus stumbled on his own steps to match their pace. Sirius stopped and turned to look at him.

"Do you understand why I'm mad at you ?"

Remus nodded. His face showing his heart's guilt. "Yes, you didn't like how I spoke to you. I was being rude. And mean for no reason."

"You had a bad day, I get that. But I'm not your little emotional punching bag."

Remus nods again and whispered, "I understand. I'm sorry."

Then, he heard Sirius' boot hit the pavement and all of a sudden, his pants are wet.  He looked up to see Sirius' grinning.

"Ah you little shit." Remus chuckled and stomped on the puddle.

The umbrella gets tossed somewhere. The 2 just kicking puddles to one another. Sirius managed to find a particularly deep hole on the side walk, resulting in Remus' muddy sweater.

The cold water ran down their skin but it didn't matter. Both of them laughing their heads off as they fought to splash a bigger wave.

"This is Gucci you fool !" Sirius exclaimed his battlecry.

"Psshh you started it first !"

Street lights illuminated their glossy faces. Finally stopping when Remus' lips were slightly blue and Sirius' teeth started chattering. They stood opposite to one another.

"I'm really sorry Sirius. I should have known better."

This time he nodded and circled his arms around Remus' waist. The man was still remarkably warm even after getting drenched to the bone. Sirius felt him press a kiss and opening his coat to try warming Sirius more.

"Let's go home before we both get sick." Remus said pealing him off.

Sirius' foot swiped on more puddles as he took off yelling, "Race you back home loser !"

Remus wiped his face and stood watching as his boyfriend ran further away. "God I love him."