111. Single Father pt. 2

The people have asked, I shall deliver
-------

    After the first date, the 2 hit it off completely. Having shared interests in art and literature, they were a match made in Teddy's head.

    Sometimes Sirius would go home with them for movie night. (Maybe even sleep over but Teddy doesn't know that ;)) All in all, the little boy was thrilled to have another papa around.

    It wasn't until the 10th date, Remus offered him to move in. Yes, Remus was counting on that 10th date. Afraid he might be moving too fast and making him uncomfortable.

   "Move in ? Are you out of your mind !?"

   The archives historian scratched his un-itchy nape. "Uhh no ? I'd like to think I'm keeping everything afloat. I visit my therapist every other week for counseling and sometimes go for a weekend retreat with Teddy-"

  His ramblings was cut by Sirius' jump-hug. Luckily, he caught him on time as soon as he felt the other sliding down.

   "You're serious about this ?"

   Remus' grin started to grow.

    "I know, I'm Sirius, you're Remus. But do you mean it ? Me moving in ?"

   "Yes, of course. Teddy loves you."

     Sirius leaned closer until their noses brushed against one another. "How about his papa ? Does he want me around ?"

     "What kind of question is that !?"

     Remus using his added height as leverage, he picked the teacher up with ease and swung him around like a Disney Princess before landing him on his feet. "I-I love-"

    "Oh God you're worse than a kindergartner!"

    "Hey ! I'm nervous okay !"

    Sirius laughed so hard, he felt his lungs running out of air. Remus had the look of pure love on his face. Really, the lighting on the street did this man no justice.

    "I love you." He said softly.

   "I love you more."

     Remus kissed his lips. "I can only love you more than yesterday but infinitely less than tomorrow." 

     ***

    Lunch bag thrown in the air.

   "Teddy catch !"

    "Got it pa !"

     Remus hastily wrapped another sandwich for Sirius and a sad box of bread crusts and veggie cutout leftovers for himself.

    "Hey love, go get your tie. I'll take over." A hand on his waist and a kiss on his cheek.

   "Godsent, thank you Siri."

    The other winked and slapped his butt as he jogged out of the kitchen. He rolled up the paper bags, filled their bottles than headed to the living room to help Teddy wear his shoes.

    "I got 1 foot in !"

    "That's my boy ! Good job, do you need help with the other ?"

    "No, I can !"

    Sirius bent to ruffle his hair. What a cute little boy. He sat next to him so he could wear his own shoes. But what Teddy says after made his head swim.